Job ID 6303
Qualifications No qualifications
Playground is a mission-driven company, dedicated to helping create a world where everyone can build and belong to community. Our next-gen social platform aims to connect people through shared experiences and interests, creating more meaningful relationships online and in real life.
As Head of Community, you will be responsible for building, managing and nurturing a global and diverse community. You will be the face of the project and have direct impact on the health of the community on a daily basis. You will be involved in various responsibilities such as community communications, supporting them via Discord, Social Media, Organizing community related events like webinars and AMAs, and coordinating with other regional community managers for broader ecosystem initiatives.
This is a founding employee role so you will wear many hats, and be the eyes and ears of the company with our most important stakeholder, our community of users and future users.
You will have your fingerprints on building a next generation social company that leverages NFTs to transform the typical passive fan experience into an active one.
- Attract new communities to onboard on Playground
- Build Community management team from scratch
- Community correspondence on social channels: Discord, Telegram, Twitter and other social channels.
- Facilitate engagement about Playgorund and other relevant topics (crypto, NFTs, culture, inclusion)
- Identity power users and influential members, create and execute strategy to engage.
- Identity, hire, and manage community-led moderators
- Leverage Community to drive key product roadmap decisions
- Organize events like webinars, office hours, AMAs
- Host events on Zoom/ Twitter Spaces
- Design and manage content strategy based on accurate information and relevancy to trending and/or timeless topics in the Web3 space
- Work with the Community Coordinator to:
- Invite & ensure smooth onboarding for new community members
- Moderate, listen to, and engage with community members, helping them with any support we can provide and instilling a sense of shared mission
- Create a sense of authenticity to promote trust & transparency in our spaces
- Create a sense of collaborative spirit to encourage crowdsourced initiatives
- Encourage engagement, including discussions, sharing, commenting, backlinking, incentives for top contributors, and propose creative new initiatives
- Monitor & report on community health & propose solutions to address issues
- Identify pain points leading to churn and propose ways to ameliorate
- Represent the voice of our community in meetings, reporting on their motivations and pain points related to our product
- Keep detailed records on relevant communities’ key objectives, style, and participant motivations and needs related to Web3 technology
- Identify and potentially reach out to influencers with whom partnerships may be mutually beneficial
- Adding articles & other resources to our content reservoirs of ideas
- Working within guidelines from our best practices documents, updating when appropriate, and creating new ones to document systems and processes
- Maintaining detailed, organized systems to track our presence and engagement
- This role reports to Jia Ling Yang, the co-founder at Playground
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for crypto, and/or NFTs, and active member in relevant communities
- Prior experience in managing and growing communities
- Strong written communication skills and English proficiency
- Demonstrated experience in handling community crisis
- Prior crypto community management experience
- Excellent knowledge of blockchain technology (2+ years experience)
- Excellent knowledge of Discord & Twitter/Crypto-twitter (2+ years experience)
- Strong enthusiasm for internet culture and active social media presence
- Creative ideas to drive traffic to our platforms
- Confidence to reach out and talk to new people all over the world
- Empathy. You love people, and you love putting yourself in their shoes
- Thick skin to handle trolls and escalate issues when necessary
- Ability to self-manage your schedule and tasks to deliver results
- Outstanding communication skills to share progress and brainstorm with the team
- Dedication to keeping detailed records of all tasks and content created in GSuite
- Familiarity with Airtable a plus
- Familiarity with Klaviyo, Discord, and Reddit a plus
- Experience working remotely with international, often asynchronous teams a plus
- A love for helping & empowering others.
- Have helped build communities before as an admin or moderator.
- Looking to work with a psychologically safe and values-driven team
- A passion for gettwing out of your comfort zone and gaining new experiences
- Excited to have a direct impact on a young brand in a hot space
Playground is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our business better. If you think you’re a good match for our vision and values, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re honored you’re considering joining us.
PS: Research* shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet about 60% of job criteria, women and individuals from marginalized groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes but you’re not sure that you check every box, apply anyway!