Qualifications Master’s Degree
Upland (https://upland.me/) is the earth’s metaverse that sits on top of the real world where people buy, sell and trade virtual properties based on actual addresses. They play various mini-games, earn money via virtual businesses and connect in virtual settings with like-minded community members.
Upland is available for iOS, Android, and the mobile web and uses blockchain technology to power “true ownership” of digital assets. It launched into open beta in January 2020 and became the largest blockchain game eight months later. Uplandme, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley, California, founded in 2018 by three serial entrepreneurs.
To expand its reach beyond blockchain aficionados and towards a mass-market audience, we are looking for an exceptional Head of Engineering to join our fast-growing startup. Our ideal candidate will possess a great blend of leadership, organization, planning, and communication skill sets.
- Work closely with the Company’s co-founders and the Product team to align and translate the company’s vision and strategy into superbly architected products and systems
- Support the Upland metaverse as it scales to reach mass consumer adoption with a scalable infrastructure that includes innovative technologies in its non-traditional stack
- Lead a growing team of engineers from across the world and support them in their day-to-day challenges and professional development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related Engineering field required
- A Masters degree (MBA or MS in an engineering-related field) is a strong plus
- 10+ years of relevant engineering work experience with increasing responsibilities and proven hands-on leadership/executive experience
- Proven experience driving architecture and scalability for products and services serving mass-consumer audiences
- Prior involvements with projects utilizing Node.js, React, and AWS cloud infrastructure
- Previous experience and understanding of Blockchain technologies is a strong plus
- Proven experience in recruiting and hiring engineering teams
- Proven experience leading managers and engineers at all levels and guiding them through their career development
- Experience developing and implementing organizational processes to ensure that teams deliver on their KPIs and goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Work with a passionate, highly experienced, innovative team and have a wide range of independence while solving fascinating problems that span gaming, economics, marketing, computing, and sociology. Capitalize on the opportunity to grow with Upland in terms of responsibilities and your career. We offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
Uplandme Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.