Qualifications Master’s Degree
Want to Rebuild the World?
Upland (https://upland.me/) is the earth’s metaverse that sits on top of the real world where people buy, sell and trade virtual properties based on actual addresses. They play various mini-games, earn money via virtual businesses and connect in virtual settings with like-minded community members.
Upland is available for iOS, Android, and the mobile web and uses blockchain technology to power “true ownership” of digital assets. It launched into open beta in January 2020 and became the largest blockchain game eight months later. Uplandme, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley, California, founded in 2018 by three serial entrepreneurs.
To expand its reach beyond blockchain aficionados and towards a mass-market audience, we are looking for an experienced and results-oriented Head of Marketing to join our growing team. Working closely with our co-founders, our ideal candidate will drive the department’s roadmap, owning paid acquisition budgets and overall engagement and retention initiatives strategy. They will also play a key role in scaling the team, building brand awareness and equity while orchestrating an excellent user community.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Upland through Marketing leadership
- Lead our Marketing team in the creation and execution of bespoke marketing campaigns and solutions ranging from social media marketing, influencer marketing, partnership marketing, experiential and integrated marketing
- Build lasting relationships with our partners through proactive communication, effective project tracking, risk assessment, and expectation management
- Ensure that departmental decisions such as staffing, development, and organization are in line with our business plan and vision
- Manage and control various marketing budgets
- Continue growing and expanding our global marketing team to accommodate for the rapid growth of our projects and clients
- Identify key marketing and community trends in gaming to develop and optimize our products, tools, and services
- Master’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in consumer marketing
- 5+ years in marketing management or other corresponding leadership roles
- 2+ years of proven people management experience, including building, growing, and managing teams (direct reports and agency partners)
- Experience developing and implementing organizational processes to ensure that teams deliver on their KPIs and goals
- Experience leading and developing growth strategies across channels and audiences
- Demonstrated success scaling innovative programs in fast-paced, dynamic organizations
- Advanced understanding of analytics, data insights, and how to use metrics to optimize programs and campaigns to demonstrate ROI of the marketing activities
- Self-motivated, independent, high attention to detail, process-oriented and adaptable when working across multiple clients and business units
- Proficient in handling general marketing and analytics software
- Proven ability to generate and implement unique and cost-effective customer acquisition tactics
- A proactive, hands-on and entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge and a deep-seated passion for consumer/game marketing
- Basic understanding of blockchain technology, NFTs and cryptocurrencies
- Understanding of startup culture and experience working with fast growing companies
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Multilingual capabilities a strong plus
Work with a passionate, highly experienced, innovative team and have a wide range of independence while solving fascinating problems that span gaming, economics, marketing, computing, and sociology. Capitalize on the opportunity to grow with Upland in terms of responsibilities and your career. We offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
Uplandme Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.