About Hedera Hashgraph:
We are a fast-growing company built around a revolutionary technology — the hashgraph consensus algorithm. Hedera Hashgraph is well-suited to become the world’s first mass-adopted distributed public ledger because it is blazing fast, highly secure and ensures fairness. We are on a mission to create a trusted and empowered digital future for everyone; a cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information.
Our team consists of many of the best minds in the industry. We are proud of our high-quality culture, dedicated to our values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence and teamwork. We are looking to hire effective, collegial and hard-working people to help achieve our vision. Join us and say, “Hello future.”
About the Role:
As a Director of Business Development at Hedera, you will be entrusted to build and manage long-term relationships with some of the largest enterprises in the world while applying your expertise in the business applications of Blockchain/Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) to strategically identify and engage in opportunities to sell and oversee the implementation of Hedera products and services.
The Hedera Business Development team’s mandate is to promote the health and strength of the Hedera network. To that end, the team is focused on recruiting leading global enterprises and institutions as Hedera Governing Council members, and helping drive network utilization on the platform from enterprises and dapps.
You will be given a high level of autonomy to creatively engage with potential customers and are expected to show initiative and self-sufficiency. As a Director of Business Development, you will be part of the team responsible for achieving growth objectives for the company.
What we are Looking for:
- A passion for emerging technologies, experience working with blockchain or DLT
- 5+ plus years of experience working in a product, business development or sales role at a technology, Software as a Service (SaaS), or blockchain/DLT based company
- Demonstrate resourcefulness when faced with challenges that defy easy solution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Develop a strong relationship with functional leaders to solve business challenges, identify opportunities for growth, and drive efficiency and effectiveness across the organization.
- Experience selling into the enterprise C-suite and navigating enterprise sales cycles
- Entrepreneurial thinking to identifying opportunities for growth
- Ability to excel in customer outreach and deal with customer objections
- Leading the development of portfolio-specific goals based on the company’s vision and values and responsible for tracking progress of portfolio goals
- Regular attendance to conferences and various industry events where networking is critical
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree is a plus
- Competence in Microsoft Office applications, experience with Salesforce and visualization software is a plus
- Demonstrated track record in winning new business and maintaining relationships with decision makers
- Ability to travel about 30% of the time to events and client onsite visits
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines