We are looking for a frontend engineer to help us implement PolkaBTC.
The PolkaBTC bridge connects Bitcoin with the Polkadot ecosystem in a trustless and decentralized manner and will serve as the main gateway for bringing BTC liquidity into Polkadot’s DeFi ecosystem. The design is based on top tier academic research and the implementation follows our detailed specification. The project is funded by a Web3 Foundation grant.
Your task will be to help with the design of the web-based UI and build the UI using React, Redux, and TypeScript for PolkaBTC. An initial demo of the app shows what we have in mind. You will need to have an excellent understanding of React and TypeScript best practices and experience with writing production-ready software (incl. E2E testing).
Experience with development in blockchain-based environments is strongly encouraged, as you will need a basic understanding of the underlying technology to build user flows and simplify interactions without loss of security. Knowledge of standardised and responsive CSS frameworks, such as Bootstrap, is beneficial.
Full-time and preferably based in the UK
What you will do
- Build a React, Redux and TypeScript web-based UI for PolkaBTC a trustless cross-chain platform
- Integrate unit and integration tests for the UI and the integration with the underlying (Substrate-based) blockchain
- Connect to blockchains wallets (e.g. Ledger) for Bitcoin and Polkadot
- Help improve the design of the UI
- Help design simple user flows for complex technical processes
- Contribute to other open-source projects that we integrate with
- Work in close collaboration with the founders on preparing product demos
What you bring
- Expertise in React, Redux and TypeScript
- Experience in creating and deploying usable, production-ready applications
- Passion for secure and well-tested software
- Desire to learn and work with bleeding-edge technology
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in English
“Nice to have”
- Experience with development in blockchain-based environments (Bitcoin/Ethereum/Polkadot/Substrate/Cosmos/…)
Benefits and Perks
- Stock options
- Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Yearly retreat
- Open-source software