Qualifications Bachelors Degree
A leading cryptocurrency financial platform built by a group of Wall Street quant trading veterans is seeking a Junior Backend Engineer to join our New York office. The Junior Backend Engineer will build out the high performance, low latency system that powers the platform’s exchange.
– Review designs, document technical specifications, and provide time estimates for the implementation of features/fixes.
– Write high-performance, reusable, modular code along with automated tests.
– Maintain a close working relationship with a geographically distributed development team in an evolving agile environment.
– Follow common design patterns, architectural practices and development methodologies.
– Identify and resolve performance issues to optimize for speed.
– 2-5 years of professional work experience in a software development organization.
– 2+ years of professional work experience with Scala, Java, or Go.
– A dedicated team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or related major.
– Knowledge on cryptocurrency exchange and blockchain technology is a plus, but not required.