You want a challenging career as an accountant … What about being an accountant within a high frequency trading firm?
Keyrock was founded in 2017 and has quickly grown from 3 to more than 25 people today. As an industry recognized liquidity provider and market maker, Keyrock is a leading European creator of algorithmic trading technology in the digital asset space.
With VC backing and a constantly expanding client base, Keyrock is one of Belgium’s fastest-growing SaaS fintech companies, offering a service used around the world.
We are recruiting an accountant!
We are looking for someone with good experience and understanding of accounting principles who is also willing to learn and be trained in the art of financial markets and high frequency trading treasury management. Someone able to act as a point of contact for employees, trading floor & management on all accounting, treasury, tax and fiscal related topics. You will as well be in contact with suppliers, clients, tax & fiscal authorities and work with the auditors for the publications of accurate accounts.
Your tasks as an accountant
- Draft procedures relative to the accounting process
- Follow the General Account & Analytical Account
- Execute periodical closing procedures and propose relevant provisions and accruals
- Prepare and file reports/requirements and tax declarations (eg: VAT, Income Tax, fiduciary financial statements) as well as audit files for internal or/and external audits.
- Assist on-going improvement process
- Ensure accurate, efficient, and timely transaction processing (incoming/outgoing invoices; bank statements; salary …)
- Keep track of budgets all over the year through the various closings or information request and highlights variations between actuals and budget
You define your career growth
At Keyrock, we want our team members to get involved in the company and create their own development perspectives because we believe in our employees’ development and ambition. For that reason, once you will feel comfortable keeping the company’s accounts, you will also treasure all kinds of digital assets (BTC, ETH, etc.) in accordance with the legislation and the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
After a training period and with daily support, you will manage the internal movement of assets (EUR, USD, BTC, ETH, etc.) across Keyrock’s accounts. You will, therefore, ensure a clear follow-up of our portfolios and therefore ensure efficient treasury management.
Skills and experience
- Education: Master of Accounting/ Economy or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a general accounting position
- General & analytical accounting knowledge (Belgian GAAP, IFRS) as well as Tax and fiscal knowledge
- Knowledge of financial tools such as Yuki, Recovr or Sifverfin is an asset
- Knowledge or at least, interest in capital markets
- Proactively plan and organize his own work taking into account tight closing schedules and deadlines
- Be able to work independently or in a team in a flexible manner
- Give strong attention to details
- Have very good analytical skills
- Languages: Proficient in French and English (oral & written). Dutch is a plus
At Keyrock, we place a lot of value on decision making and offer everyone the opportunity to demonstrate their strengths. We also allow a high degree of time flexibility for enjoying a good work-life balance, and we offer 5 extra days-off to allow our employees/contractors to devote themselves to their passion.
At Keyrock, you will be part of a fast-growing start-up where multiculturalism reinforces everyone’s skills.
- A competitive salary package, including benefits that you choose and manage according to your needs and those of your family (car/bike, meal vouchers, phone and internet subscription, hospitalization insurance, 25 days-off, etc.)
- Complete autonomy in your time management thanks to flexible working hours and the opportunity to work remotely
- The freedom to create your own entrepreneurial experience by being part of a team of people in search of excellence who all receive stock-options from the first year
- A ton of fun in a thriving and multicultural environment with colleagues enjoying regular team building activities
Keyrock offers you both a career and a large range of benefits that we will gladly discuss in the course of the application process.