Qualifications No qualifications
A bit about us:Immutable is an Australian-based company and market leader in blockchain gaming. Through the Immutable X platform, we are bringing transparency to the opaque world of in-game economies and providing gamers with true digital property rights. We are responsible for launching one of the most successful blockchain Trading Card Games, Gods Unchained.Gods Unchained is a complex, multilayered strategic game that allows users the ability to build strategic decks and play those against other players in a variety of game modes. Gods Unchained is growing at a rapid pace and we need a leader that understands the needs of our team of game designers to set them up for success.
As the Lead Game Designer, you will be responsible for managing the design team and implementing systems, game modes, and strategies to propel Gods Unchained to great success. You will lead with compassion, ownership, innovation and communication with a growth mindset focused on data-driven decision making.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Foster an environment of innovation, ownership, and data-driven decision making across the design team
- Manage and work with the designers to create engaging content, strong mechanics, and gameplay that ties into the greater company ecosystem and reinforces the objectives of the game and company
- Work with the company to bring value to the user through the use of Immutable X and Play-to-Earn
- Create an enticing and deep sequence of game modes that allow users both the flexibility to play the game they want whilst enticing them to find new features and play styles
- Use game usage data, consumer feedback, and user testing to inform and drive game design
- Previous experience as a game designer on an AAA game or experience as a set designer on a TCG game, either real-world or digital
- Demonstrated experience as a competitive player or designer on a major TCG
- Worked with other designers or managed a team of Game Designers
- Strong leadership skills
- An ability to incorporate live data, consumer feedback, and user testing into the game design
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- An understanding of blockchain technology
- Tournament experience, as a pro player, judge, or organizer
- Unity Experience
Some of the things we can offer you:
Competitive Salary and Employee Share Options: We want to build a successful company which means sharing the companies potential wins with those who contributed
Flexible working: Work-life balance is important to us, so feel free to work from home as needed
Diversity and Inclusion: We are a workspace that has committed to diversity and inclusion and have joined the Project F programme
Employee Assistance Program: 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
Ideal office location: Currently located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop
Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Equipment perks: We provide you with all the hardware you need to succeed, plus an additional $750 to set up your new home office
Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
Learning opportunities: Thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers
Additional Information:Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.