Localcoin seeks to inspire the future of digital currency globally as the largest bitcoin ATM network in Canada. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about learning new technologies to join our growing Engineering team as our Integrations Engineer.
We’re looking for a Social Media & Communications Specialist to manage internal and external communications for Localcoin. You’ll work directly with the marketing team on all communications, content, and messaging to further expand company profiles in a way that drives the business forward.
This is a crucial role in translating our company mission and vision into a cohesive and compelling messaging strategy as our brand’s audience continues to expand internationally—and as our team grows with more talented people looking to transform the world of cryptocurrency. You will report directly to the Digital and Paid Marketing Manager.
What you’ll do
- Manage our Social Media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit & Instagram
- Contribute to the development of marketing channels including email marketing, SEO, Pay Per Click (PPC) and others.
- Drive growth on target KPIs for the social media channels relating to conversions and engagement.
- Leverage soft KPIs such as SEO rankings, email open rates, social media engagement, to contribute directly to conversions.
- Experience developing effective copy, including PR releases, social media and blog posts, email campaigns, website content and advertising in the Cryptocurrency or Financial Technology industry.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop compelling PR and communications strategies as well as coordinating with Internal Operations Director for briefings and speaking events
- Manage Bitcoin ATM reviews on Google and Coin ATM Radar and respond accordingly
- Manage press inquiries and establish close relationships with journalists, key partners, and influencers in business and financial technology
Who you are
- You have a journalistic and data driven spirit as well as an entrepreneurial professional attitude
- You have the ability to analyze and implement data-driven insights into your copy
- You have the ability to explain complex topics in easily digestible formats
- Have used social media listening tools such as Facebook Insights, Klout score and other data platforms to connect with your target audience and turn influencers into your biggest brand ambassadors
- You know the ins and outs of a vast number of social media tools such as Hootsuite, BuzzSumo, Awario and/or SEMrush.
- Passion for connecting and creating communities through Social Media with strong media contacts across business, consumer, and financial technology press
- You have assisted in developing PR strategies and executed communications campaigns
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are meticulous with high attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable with public speaking and drafting scripts
Nice to Have
- Native written/spoken proficiency in French and/or Spanish is considered a strong asset
You’ll have full access to all our perks:
Health & Wellness Benefits – We offer a comprehensive benefits package that covers up to 100% of traditional benefits such as dental, prescription drug coverage, critical illness, life and AD&D. The plan also includes 100% coverage of unlimited travel insurance, on-demand online nurse assessments through Akira app. We offer a monthly spend on non-traditional medical expenses (massages, chiropractic) and a wellness account (gym memberships, spa, nutritionist).
Location – Currently we are working from home during COVID-19 pandemic, likely until the end of 2020. When we return to our downtown office we are close to Union Station and near major highways. We also have a flexible work schedule to help you avoid rush hour and work from options!
Professional Development – We’ll invest in your career. Our company is growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
Compensation – We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
Purchase Cryptocurrency At Market Rate – You’ll be able to purchase and sell cryptocurrencies supported by Localcoin at the Canadian market rate with zero fees. You’ll also gain exclusive coupons for all of our Bitcoin Kiosks nationwide!
Get Involved – Attend company-wide teach and training days, industry events and quarterly team outings.
Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring, apply today!