We’re looking for a Business Development Associate eager to be the face of Messari to current and potential clients, both via direct communication and engaging within the community at large. You are the first person customers speak with and their key point of contact on an ongoing basis.
Our BD aims to obsess over the pain points that customers face, and understand whether Messari’s enterprise solutions can help them overcome such challenges.
You will lead the sales process from prospecting to signing, and develop strategies to enter new markets. You should be comfortable with minimal structure and capable of independently delivering results across the business.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales and revenue targets
- Become an expert on Messari (and the cryptoassets space broadly) to conduct discovery calls, presentations and product demonstrations with prospects and customers
- Continually build pipelines of new business through networking, prospecting, lead generation and relationship building across institutional platforms (exchanges, custodians, etc.), investors, project teams, and other companies focused on cryptoassets
- Work with the management team to explore new strategic partnership opportunities with service providers and key industry players to expand the Messari mindshare
- Own CRM & customer relationships to ensure details are up to date and regularly track correspondence/follow ups
- Ensure transparency for all internal stakeholders in the sales process for major accounts
- Existing interest and network in the cryptocurrency industry, and desire to get involved both inside and outside of the office (fluency in current trends needed to communicate with potential clients)
- Experience in B2B SaaS sales, bonus for crypto-focused product or customer base
- Self-starter who can take loose instruction, and own the process and deliverables from start to finish
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate, present, and debate complex problems with all levels of management
- Ability to travel for client meetings and conferences to grow the business (regular trips to SF, annual trips to Europe/Asia) *