Moola is democratizing access to yield and credit because one in three adults does not have access to the legacy financial markets. Moola is built on the mobile-first Celo network and is positioned to become the savings and borrowing platform for the next billion savers because the future of decentralized finance is mobile.
We are on a steep growth trajectory. Our public beta access launched less than one month ago, we have more than $1m in total-value-locked and have facilitated over $150k in loans.
We are based out of San Francisco but this position can be Remote. Founded in late 2020, Moola is backed by leading investors including Polychain Capital, Greenfield One, Flori, and Naval Ravikant. Moola welcomes all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Provide essential leadership as Moola grows from our initial focus on the core Celo community into the world’s largest money market
- Build and manage an internal engineering team, foster engagement with an external community of open-source contributors, manage communication with technical contractors, and coordinate all parties towards a common set of goals
- Implement our product roadmap focused on increasing total-value-locked and network earnings (i.e. total interest paid to savers, origination fees, and flash loan fees)
- Provide input and stay informed on all Celo Governance Proposals
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams
- 8+ years of hands-on experience as an engineer
- A deep understanding of the EVM
- A track record of successful Mainnet deployments of complex smart contracts
- Familiarity with bonding curves, DeFi products, and Byzantine Fault Tolerance consensus
- Adversarial mindset with a strong focus on cybersecurity best practices
Nice to have:
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering
- Work experience in developing nations
- Experience building defi tooling
- Work remotely from anywhere in North America
- Competitive salary and token plan
- Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage
- Maxed out on performance MacBook Pro
- A $1,500 stipend to setup your home office as you see fit.