We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans.
Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively looking for a talented and driven Backend Engineer to join our growing engineering team based in Kansas City, MO.
This role reports into our Technical Director and will play an integral role in designing, building, and maintaining Mythical’s game platform offerings.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including design, coding, automated testing, and production releases of backend services
- Design, code, test, and enhance microservices, and extend the backend architecture as the Mythical platform evolves.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, products owners, and designers to deliver empowering user experiences
- Write clean, testable code. Participate in code & design reviews.
- Analyze and optimize current applications towards a microservices architecture
- Be a problem solver and self-driven to get the results
- Multiple years of experience developing server applications in Java (Java 8 and higher)
- Experience designing and developing for large, horizontally scalable, high-transaction volume systems
- Experience with backend services or distributed systems
- A BS or greater in Computer Science, or a related technical field
Highly Preferred, if:
- Experienced writing network protocol using gRPC for high availability data systems
- Experienced with developing or working with cloud-based microservice architectures
- Experienced with Spring Boot, Gradle, and Docker
- You have a passion for gaming, marketplaces, and/or blockchain technology