OpenZeppelin is a leading cybersecurity company providing security audits and developer tools for decentralized systems that power multimillion dollar networks.
At OpenZeppelin, we have built the leading solution for the secure execution of business transactions via smart contracts, with a 12% market share and maintained by a community of 200+ contributors. Our unique expertise and technology also allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for the Ethereum Foundation, Coinbase, Compound, and Facebook’s Libra, among other leading organizations.
With the success of our product, our security audits work, and our educational efforts, we have set industry standards for building secure systems in a fast-growing industry that is creating an open financial system for the world.
What you’ll be doing
As an Open Source Developer , you will join a team focused on building and maintaining our open source projects. These include libraries for helping with testing and upgrades as well as working with the Contracts library, the most popular solidity project in the space. This library has an average of 20k downloads per week, a repository with 8.3k stars, and is being used by over 10k projects in the ecosystem, including Gnosis, Aztec, Ocean and Centre, among others.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to define the patterns used for smart contracts across the ecosystem, effectively shaping how development is made and seeing those come to life in important projects in the space.
You will interact with the community to understand their needs as well as with the research and product teams at OpenZeppelin to collect their learnings and from these, be able to condense them into our libraries.
Specifically, you will:
- Design, implement, and maintain Solidity smart contracts for the OpenZeppelin Contracts libraries.
- Design, implement, and maintain open source tools and libraries for testing and upgrades management.
- Foster and review community contributions to the codebases. (You can actually see some examples of how our developers foster contributions and discussions in the community if you are curious about how we do it!).
- Gather requirements from our community to drive the roadmaps for our projects.
- Work collaboratively with the product and research teams within the company to gather requirements from them.
- Provide support to users of the open source libraries, acting as a second line of support and helping our technical community manager as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience working in open source projects.
- Effective communications skills that will enable you to exchange information, knowledge, and ideas with the team and the community in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity working with Solidity programming language.
- Prior experience working remotely: strong personal organizational skills, a love for self-time management, and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Advanced English communication skills — all of our internal and external communication is in English.
Nice to have
- Experience working closely with a community involved in a given open source project.
- Medical insurance: Top quality insurance options for you and your family.
- Team Events: Company retreats in different locations around the world.
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities.
- Free lunch.
- Coworking: Unlimited access to a coworking of your choice.
- Training: Technical training, language lessons in any language of your choice.
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!