Qualifications No qualifications
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1800 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
Kraken completed the acquisition of Crypto Facilities in February 2019, and this group entity is now a world-leading, regulated cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform (MTF). A pioneer in the industry, the firm was the first regulated entity to list futures on Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple XRP, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash and is looking to expand its product offering. Members value the high integrity, low latency marketplace that Crypto Facilities provides under the regulatory supervision of the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority.
We are looking for an Operations Associate to join the Crypto Facilities. As an Operations Associate, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Operations in ensuring the smooth running of the Crypto Facilities platform. You should be diligent with a keen attention to detail and a track record of seeing tasks/projects through to conclusion. The ideal candidate should have experience working in an operations role within fintech for at least 2 years.
- Become an expert in the Crypto Facilities platform and products
- Regularly report on Members issues, recommendations, criticism and trading activity
- Assist with onboarding of new Members
- Be comfortable interacting with high value Members and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Stay updated on industry knowledge, compliance regulations, and company policies
- Daily operations and systems support to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the platform
- Collaborate closely with the product/engineering team and the client engagement team
- Provide support to the sales, marketing and compliance teams
- Ensure Crypto Facilities is conforming to all regulations as required (eg transaction reporting, CASS operations)
- 2+ years of fintech or financial services experience assisting high value clients
- Experience supporting sophisticated API clients
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
- Security and privacy conscious
- Accountable with a strong sense of ownership
- Confident communicator who thrives on dealing with stakeholders at all levels
- Motivated and energetic self starter with excellent people skills who thrives in a result driven environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English communication; knowledge of other languages would be an asset
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Python and SQL knowledge a nice to have
- Experience working in a regulated trading environment a nice to have
- Personal Specifications:
- Calm under pressure
- A self-starter
- Equally comfortable communicating with a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to see the big picture
- Numerically literate and a great communicator
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.