Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology.
We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies – it’s time for a change. We are looking for an IT Support Manager to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. This individual will be responsible for building and growing the IT Support team, defining best practices, and having a huge impact not only on the company, but on the careers of the individuals on the team. have a huge impact on how the company defines its the the careers of technical direction of the entire company. This role includes both mentoring, as well as rolling up your sleeves and turning knobs when needed.
What you will do:
- Manage a small and growing team of IT Support engineers who do Tier 1 support
- Develop metrics that matter about IT support in a hybrid MacBook, Windows, and Linux endpoint network to help spot trends, reduce downtime, and streamline procurement processes
- Provide Tier 2 Support to Company employees and contractors at our offices in New York City, London, and Singapore; coordinate scheduling to provide follow-the-sun support for endpoints and network gear
- Escalate and work closely with our outsourced Tier 3 Support and network architecture/management team to find efficiencies, reduce costs, and ultimately take on Tier 3 Support in-house.
- Work closely with Director of IT, Director of Recruiting, HR, Department and engineering leads to predict maintenance and growth needs
What you need to have:
- Five years of experience in IT support and minimum of three years in IT support management;
- Ability to manage a small and growing team of IT support engineers to support staff in NY, London, and Singapore;
- Self-starter with strong communications and problem-solving skills, who is accustomed to working with highly creative and exacting teams of developers, engineers, business development, security, and business leadership people who just need this stuff to work.
- Ability to gather and distill IT trends and needs to their essential metrics, then communicate in jargon-free English to Company leadership. Those with statistics backgrounds have an edge here!
- Bachelor’s Degree or certificate in computer science or related field, OR five years of commensurate professional experience – We need you to love, and be great at IT.
- Comprehensive hands-on understanding of network architecture, Mac OSX, and Linux OS, with strong CLI fu.
- Rock solid understanding of network protocols, switches, routers, wireless access points, and next-generation firewalls.
- We prefer a candidate with software development skills and experience
Why we are a great place to work:
Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.