We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our team. Paxos’ SRE team owns the entire production and test infrastructure, consisting of over 200 EC2 instances, 25 databases, spanning 3 different regions.
We are moving to cutting edge technologies like EKS, implementing modern CI/CD solutions, and deploying security tools to help protect hundreds of millions of dollars under custody.
You will work closely with product engineering teams and our information security team to deploy and support cutting edge secure solutions.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will be a key player in building, deploying, and scaling the infrastructure that our other engineering teams use.
What you’ll do:
- You will help scale and build our infrastructure as we build more products that rely on this infrastructure
- You will build observability into our environment and applications that help us monitor and self-heal when problems come up.
- Own infrastructure projects end-to-end that span multiple teams.
- You will make the right trade-off between reliability and product feature speed – come up with metrics that define the tradeoff, get buy-in from stakeholders and measure against those
- You will automate code deployments so that we can release daily and often multiple times a day
- You will have active involvement and mentorship of junior engineers doing code reviews resulting in up leveling the skill set for the entire team
What you need to have:
- Significant work experience as a software engineer, DevOps Engineer, or Site Reliability Engineer
- While we don’t require a degree, formal schooling in engineering is a nice-to-have
- Experience working with at least one major cloud platform (AWS preferred)
- Work experience with Java, Python, Go, or Ruby
- Experience working with a product that has end users
- You have worked with common infrastructure tools like Docker, Terraform, Puppet, Helm
- You are able to understand and articulate the design and application of the architecture of the entire system
- You have worked with distributed systems, cloud native applications and system design
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.