BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We are experiencing rapid growth with our core product set and are planning to expand our institutional products & presence, which the Payment Operations Manager will take a leading role in building and executing.
You are a process-driven individual who loves checking items off your to-do list. You are always thinking of ways to make complicated tasks more efficient, while keeping a keen eye on the big picture.
You have a knack for foreseeing when a situation could be risky and resolving it quickly and appropriately.
- 5+ years of experience in treasury operations at a multinational corporation or global bank or fintech startup
- Prior experience building and leading a centralized payments, treasury, or custody function with outstanding project management skills
- Organize and reconcile large amounts of data to ensure timely, and accurate reporting while delivering a top notch client experience
- Monitor ACH and Payment fraud risk across the business
- Oversee daily cash and equity reconciliation reports
- Suggest improvements to operational processes to increase efficiency and scalability
- Work closely with Client SErvice and Product teams to resolve issues as they arise
- Comprehensive knowledge of market technologies, infrastructure tools and banking regulations
- Process strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills for this highly transparent role within and outside the company
- Lead adaption of the Payment Ops Mission and Goals
- Partnering with FInance team to manage accounting functions, such as the monthly Treasurer’s & Payments report, in addition to investments, bank account, cash flows, revenues and related items.
- Responsible for making recommendations to Senior Management for changes in office methods and procedures, policies to include accounting functions, collections, bank reconciliation, budgets and budgetary practices.
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $48 MM of Series A and B funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks and coffee