We believe the future of finance will be built on open protocols, decentralized infrastructure, and rapid innovation. Poloniex enables 24/7/365 trading of digital assets. Since 2014, Poloniex has facilitated tens of billions of dollars in trades and custody for millions of customers around the world.
At Poloniex, you will work on the cutting edge of open financial protocols and build systems and tools that enable scalable, high performance trading. All our teams have high standards and a dedication to delivering high quality, high value solutions that meet the needs of millions of global customers. Come join us at Poloniex and build the future of finance!
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work closely with data analysts, product managers, and software engineers to ensure secure, reliable delivery and accessibility of internal and external application data. You will help design a framework to enhance data visibility, efficiency, performance, and ease of use. You will build and maintain ETL pipelines, manage an enterprise data warehouse, and create a rock solid data science and machine learning platform.
What you’ll work on
- Maintain a 100% cloud-based data architecture and enterprise data warehouse
- Build secure, reliable, and scalable ETL pipelines
- Develop internal tools and custom data solutions
- Collaborate with engineering teams and stakeholders across the organization
- Enable product owners to make informed strategic business decisions
- Create the foundation upon which advanced data science solutions will be built
- Be empowered to drive new initiatives and make a real impact
What you’ll bring to the team
- 5+ years of data engineering experience
- Solid AWS chops (CloudFormation, S3, Glue, Lambda, RedShift, CodePipeline, Cloudwatch, ECS, SQS, SNS, you name it)
- SQL and relational database skills for days (MySQL, Postgres, Presto)
- Git, Linux, and Docker in your toolbox
- Python, Scala, and Spark in your lunchbox
- Electrical tape over your webcam (security conscious)
- A track record of writing good, clean code that adheres to SOLID principles
- Proficiency with at least one unit testing framework
- Plenty of experience digging through Splunk logs and tracking down bugs
- No ego and a strong desire to both teach and learn
- Ability to understand complex concepts and explain them in simple terms
- Comfort shifting gears and working on an evolving product without having all the answers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Poloniex. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.