Job ID 5950
Qualifications No qualifications
Decentral Games is a DAO focused on building NFT-based games. Up until now, crypto innovation has been heavily focused on trading and financial products; DG flips that by creating games that are not only fun and exciting, but also allows its players to own and control its future.
As a remote-first web3 company, we have a working environment that is playful, bold, and fast-focused (we don’t love unnecessary meetings). Together, we’re a team of entrepreneurs, futurists, artists, nerds, and gamers. Our motto is fun, hard working, and casual — you may even encounter a coworker known only as “Duck” or “Spicy Prawn”. That’s the metaverse for you!
Here at DG, you’ll be joining a team of super-talents building products in and out of the metaverse — and we’re only just getting started.
About the Role:
We recently launched our beta version of ICE Poker and it has quickly become the most popular game within our community. In just three months, we have seen our monthly revenue grow 10x, our discord community grow from 8k to 45k, and our ICE Poker venues are now the most popular destinations in the open metaverse.
In order to keep up the momentum, we are in need of a self-motivated product designer to help push forward our Metaverse Product Team. In this role you will design and own new features on the roadmap, create and collaborate on new experiences in the metaverse, and help design the future Decentral Game’s ICE Poker.
- Reporting into the Head of Design, you will design key products and features across our suite of ICE Poker Products, starting on our Metaverse Product Team.
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, and QA.
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for our supported platforms.
- Define, craft and evolve designs within visual systems and/or standards.
- Be an expert on the industry landscape and trends, to help us grow and evolve our thinking.
- 3+ years of experience building and shipping applications or software at the level of whole features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms.
- Proficiency with Figma and Adobe Suite.
- Interaction Designs skills defining how an experience should behave based on understanding people’s needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale. Experience using prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- Excited about building products in a rapidly changing, high growth landscape.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and find creative ways to get things done.
- Love for games, poker, and/or creating fun & compelling player experiences.
- Passion for web3 and blockchain technology