Job ID 1096
Qualifications No qualifications
A successful and growing global developer and publisher of blockchain and mobile products, Animoca Brands, with offices in Hong Kong, Canada, Finland and Argentina is seeking a Product Manager/ Game Producer (Blockchain) to be based at its Hong Kong headquarters.
Working with global brands such as Formula 1, MotoGP, Thomas Friends, Beast Quest, Garfield, Astro Boy and many more – we are building games, worlds and experiences where players own the content, form the economy, and shape the stories. The next design paradigm and play experience are just waiting to be discovered.
In the Hong Kong office of Animoca Brands, REVV Motorsport is being developed. A single economy where motorsport games present players with concepts such as content ownership and Play-to-Earn.
We’re looking to connect with people who share this excitement for new technologies. People who believe in Blockchain technology and are looking forward to bringing this new, evolving platform to tomorrow’s players.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager / Producer to join and work alongside us to create the next line-up of games and apps, that appeal to players and users across all demographics, and deliver quality that our fanbases eagerly anticipate.
A successful candidate will have managed the development of software or games, end-to-end. From concept, to release and into live operations. They will know what it takes to build teams and manage them to deliver quality titles.
This person will have excellent project management experience, being able to plan milestones, prioritize resources, and allocate tasks, alongside maintaining the central vision of the product.
This is an opportunity where creative and driven individuals can shape experiences. Where they can make key decisions in how games and apps will be formed as they make their way to the market.
You will work directly with all members of the development teams: Product Managers, Producers, Engineer, Designers, Artists, QA and Marketing personnel, (both internal and external teams). You will report directly to C-Level staff, and understand the importance of open communication, be able to convey current project status, but also come prepared with solutions, with an eye on always moving forward. You are flexible, able to adapt to moment-to-moment changes.
We are currently developing a new evolution of games by leveraging blockchain. This technology requires to approach traditional game design, and shape it to fit what is technically possible.
- Manage the day-to-day, end-to-end development of projects – games and other apps
- Plan roadmaps, milestones, and project resource
- Communicate with department heads (e.g. engineering, art, QA) on what resources are needed to deliver
- Work with marketing to plan releases, marketing materials and content
- Work with social media and communications teams to define social media presence and direction for managed titles
- Review analytics, and apply data lessons to improve products
- Pitch projects internally and to IP holders
- Conduct market research, and apply learnings to improve products or initiate the development of new opportunities
- Be familiar and sometimes hands-on with product and game design
- Plan and coordinate live events, and operations for games-as-a-service products
- 4+ years in Product Manager or Producer roles
- End-to-end management of at least 2 titles
- Knowledge of all areas of software development or game development, including engineering, art, UI, UX and QA
- Understanding of marketing in relation to games and applications
- Running of live-ops, post-release game/app updates
- Can work independently, a self starter
- Track record of delivering products on time
- Familiarity with resource and budget management, projection and allocation
- Manage or working with external, third-party development teams and studios
- Familiarity in motorsport or sports games, even better if you’re a fan
- Familiarity of blockchain, non-fungible assets, and blockchain gaming
- Experience with game design
- Experience in operating games-as-a-service products
- Experience in contract and external development agreement structures
A remote working arrangement is possible for the right candidate, with the future possibility of relocation.