Props is a fast growing organization that provides a blockchain platform for businesses to issue utility and capital tokens to their users. Props’ open-source infrastructure facilitates a network of apps that share an underlying token. Props abstracts blockchain’s technological and regulatory complexity enabling apps to easily grant their users unique benefits and a financial stake in the very networks they help grow.
The Props network launched in 2019 and today serves multiple apps and 5 million end users. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Comcast, Venrock, the Dating.com Group and others.
The Director of Finance role has the unique opportunity to help shape the future of our emerging business. We are looking for a strong financial leader who can build out these business initiatives associated with crypto-economics, capital markets, operations and financing.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will manage token liquidity and capital markets operations as well as oversee bookkeeping and traditional financial operations.
As Director of Finance, you should have expert level knowledge of the Cryptocurrency/Blockchain industry as well as experience in fin-tech companies and M&A roles. We’re looking for someone who wants to contribute to the overall direction of the company by creating a clear financial path.
Working in a start-up company environment the Director of Finance should have experience managing small, fast-moving internal and external teams and be prepared for hands-on work.
- Oversee and lead the companies financial activities including budgeting, forecasting, SEC reporting, auditing and financial operations
- Oversee and manage the SEC reporting process; preparing/reviewing annual and semi-annual statements and all SEC disclosures
- Be the liaison between external auditors, legal, financial consultants and the company’s management
- Responsible for capital markets and market making activities associated with token listing
- Responsible for the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Responsible for reporting on cryptocurrency financial instruments and other technical accounting matters
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements and executive presentations of financial results for review with senior executives
- Review financial results and prepare variance analysis
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting
- Experience or interest in accounting for Cryptocurrencies
- Trading experience a plus
- MBA Degree a Plus
- CPA a plus
- Experience in a management position a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience with Sage Intacct a plus
- Ability to inspire confidence and trust