Job ID 5946
Qualifications No qualifications
Decentral Games is a DAO focused on building NFT-based games. Up until now, crypto innovation has been heavily focused on trading and financial products; DG flips that by creating games that are not only fun and exciting, but also allows its players to own and control its future.
As a remote-first web3 company, we have a working environment that is playful, bold, and fast-focused (we don’t love unnecessary meetings). Together, we’re a team of entrepreneurs, futurists, artists, nerds, and gamers. Our motto is fun, hard working, and casual — you may even encounter a coworker known only as “Duck” or “Spicy Prawn”. That’s the metaverse for you!
Here at DG, you’ll be joining a team of super-talents building products in andout of the metaverse — and we’re only just getting started.
About the Role:
We recently launched our beta version of ICE Poker and it has quickly become the most popular game within our community. In just three months, we have seen our monthly revenue grow 10x, our discord community grow from 8k to 45k, and our ICE Poker venues are now the most popular destinations in the open metaverse.
In order to keep up the momentum, we are in need of an entrepreneurial, self-motivated QA Tester.
Specific tasks for this position will include:
• Being the last line of defence before our work gets served to the general public, saving your coworkers from potentially embarrassing or damaging mistakes.
• Review and analyze functional requirements to ensure that requirements are testable.
• Work with the Devs and Product Owners to get requirement clarifications. Communicate any inconsistencies or errors on the functional requirements to the Product Team.
• Work with the developers to identify and prepare test data needed for the test execution.
• Run detailed test cases on the Metaverse, Mobile apps and our Website. Being thorough on the execution of these test cases, in relation to both functional and visual issues that you may encounter.
• Perform various types of QA software testing including manual functional, web usability, system integration, regression, cross-browser compatibility, backend database validation and mobile application testing.
• Document issues on Azure DevOps and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of issues found.
• Work collaboratively with the entire team to communicate testing progress and status, attend defect triage meetings to prioritize and track defects to closure, discuss project updates and issues to ensure appropriate follow through to resolution.
• Provide feedback and recommendations to the product and development teams on software functionality and web usability.
• Provide several daily status to the QA Manager to ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and testing requirements for each of our releases. Continually communicating in our internal channels.
• At least 2-3 years of experience hands on test execution, reporting and reproducing defects.
• Familiarity with different types of testing methods and techniques, also how the Ethereum and Polygon network functions, knowledge of Metaverses like Decentraland. Gaming skills in previous similar platforms, Play to Earn gameplay experience is a bonus.
• 2+ years of experience testing web applications and mobile apps that involve several browsers, devices. Knowledge of how to use Metamask mobile and web.
• Understanding of quality assurance concepts, best practices, and methodology.
• Possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Proven ability to analyze detailed product requirements in Figma, raise questions, and seek resolution to outstanding clarifications required to test case identification.
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
• Other relevant Skills: Reliability, endurance when testing long hours, thorough, great written and verbal communication in English