Qualifications No qualifications
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world’s largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 6000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 100 million pageviews in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation in order to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
Our CoinGecko mobile app on both iOS and Android are built with React Native. As a React Native engineer you will be part of the CoinGecko engineering team that :
- Solves unique and large scale technical problems.
- Builds the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency data accessible to everyone across the globe at scale on the web and mobile (iOS & Android).
- Develop and scale the CoinGecko Data API that currently powers some of the biggest brands in the space.
- Manages infrastructure that is running in the cloud (Amazon Web Services & Google Cloud).
- Research and development of decentralized apps, Web3, and Solidity smart contracts on the blockchain network.
What you’ll be doing
- Be a key member of a team that builds the CoinGecko iOS/Android app.
- Build, test and ship customer facing features/products using tools and framework like React Native, Typescript, ES6, Redux, and RxJS.
- Create solid implementations and write clear, maintainable code.
- Monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases and general reliability.
- Have the chance to learn and write smart contracts as part of blockchain programming (Solidity Web3)
What we look for in you:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience developing and shipping user-facing features and applications using React or React Native.
- Write high-quality tests
- Experience monitoring and managing apps in production
- Strong UX/UI design exposure and experience in making apps work.
Nice to have:
- You’re staying on top of React Native best practices.
- Native Android or iOS development experience a plus
- Keen interest in blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Experience working with Firebase
- Experience implementing analytics for Mobile
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
- Free daily team lunch
- Parking/Transport allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Basic insurance
- Training/Upskilling allowance
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply :-
– Github profile
– Why are you interested in joining CoinGecko?
– Share with us one project you have worked on (at work, open source, side project) that you are proud of working with. What were the challenges? How did you overcome them? What did you learn from the experience?
– Git: You are asked to work on a new existing project. When you browse the Git repo historical commits, you noticed many commits of small code changes and short description. Provide 3 advice you can give to the existing team to improve their Git practice?
– The CoinGecko App pulls a list of coins with the market data via an API, and display them in a table. One fine day our customer support team is getting a surge of complaints from users that the app is crashing. Based on a wild guess, what do you think could be the problem here? What can we do to narrow down and zero-in to the actual issue?
– How do you suggest an application to manage states in a React application? Why this option?
– What are your thoughts on the subject of Arts and Humanities?