Qualifications No qualifications
A bit about us:Unique blockchain assets (“NFTs”) are experiencing a massive surge in popularity. These unique assets allow people to own anything from in-game items to digital art, to music, and financial instruments. However, they are highly illiquid: transactions take minutes or hours to confirm, and Ethereum can process fewer than 5 NFTs per second for the whole world combined.
To solve this problem for ourselves and for others, we have built Immutable X, a next-generation protocol for trading blockchain assets with instant trade confirmation, massive scalability, and no gas fees without compromising user custody. The goal of Immutable X is to help businesses scale their creation and trading of these unique assets (“NFTs”).
As Immutable X grows, we are searching for Senior Backend Engineers who will help us build out this trading and exchange technology to a massive scale with high reliability. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a world-class NFT trading platform in an exciting new domain filled with new challenges and opportunities for innovation.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work in the first Layer 2 solution for NFT trading. You will gain domain knowledge of trading, payments and blockchain technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a high-growth startup you will have a big impact on not just internal teams but also our user base and partners.
You will have the opportunity to:
Work in a high growth startup environment
- Contribute to some of the most significant NFT projects in the space
- Design, communicate, implement and document technical solutions to fulfil customers and users needs
- Design, communicate, implement and document technical solutions to uplift engineering and architecture quality
- Contribute to team ceremonies including standups, planning, grooming and retrospectives
- Produce high-quality engineering work in code, PR review, documentation and tests
- Experience as a Backend Engineer
- AWS lambda experience Experience with a global database
- Swagger experience
- Statically typed language experience in golang, Java, Scala, C#, F#, Haskell, Ocaml, Rust or C++
- The ability to articulate your engineering achievements as customer/user satisfaction
- An interest in the blockchain industry
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Golang experience
- Blockchain experience
- Experience in developing a public-facing API
- Experience working in Saas company
- Blockchain exchange experience
Some of the things we can offer you:
Competitive Salary and Employee Share Options: We want to build a successful company which means sharing the companies potential wins with those who contributed
Flexible working: Work-life balance is important to us, so feel free to work from home as needed
Diversity and Inclusion: We are a workspace that has committed to diversity and inclusion and have joined the Project F programme
Employee Assistance Program: 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
Ideal office location: Currently located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop
Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Equipment perks: We provide you with all the hardware you need to succeed, plus an additional $750 to set up your new home office
Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
Learning opportunities: Thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers
Additional Information:Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.