Qualifications Bachelors Degree
A leading cryptocurrency financial platform built by a group of Wall Street quant trading veterans is seeking an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join our New York office. The Senior Backend Engineer will architect, design, and implement the high performance, low latency system that powers the platform’s exchange.
– Review designs, document technical specifications, and provide time estimates for the implementation of features/fixes.
– Write high-performance, reusable, modular code along with automated tests.
– Maintain a close working relationship with a geographically distributed development team in an evolving agile environment.
– Follow common design patterns, architectural practices and development methodologies.
– Identify and resolve performance issues to optimize for speed.
– 5-12 years of professional work experience in a software development organization.
– 5+ years of professional work experience with Scala, Java, or Go.
– Experience designing and coding large distributed systems with high throughput.
– Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality software in a fast-paced environment with iterative deadlines.
– A dedicated team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or related major.
– Knowledge on cryptocurrency exchange and blockchain technology is a plus, but not required.