A successful and growing global developer and publisher of mobile products, Animoca Brands, with offices in Hong Kong, Canada, Finland and Argentina is seeking a SENIOR BLOCKCHAIN ARCHITECT to be based at its Hong Kong headquarters, or to work remotely.
For the right candidate, the company can sponsor an Employment Visa.
You will work closely with the rest of the Engineering Team as we revolutionise the gaming experience by using Blockchain to transform our content, making it player-owned and player-driven.
Working with global brands such as Formula 1, Thomas & Friends, Beast Quest, Garfield, Astro Boy and many more – we are building games, worlds and experiences where players own the content, form the economy, and shape the stories. The next design paradigm and play experience is just waiting to be discovered.
We’re looking to connect with people who share this excitement. People who believe in Blockchain technology and are looking forward to bringing this new, evolving platform to tomorrow’s players.
- Participate in the design, architecture and implementation of the different software components, including smart contracts, frontends and backends
- Play a central role in the blockchain game’s design, be innovative, assess the feasibility and give insight on cost/benefit for different concepts
- Enforce adequate level of security for managing crypto-assets
- Participate in technical and functional aspects of blockchain on several projects
- Conduct continuous research on blockchain technologies and keep an eye on any tech stack or standards which can apply to the gaming sector
- In-depth understanding of all the technical and functional aspects of blockchains (consensus, security models, tokenomics, etc.) and crypto-wallets (keys management, UX, etc), with a robust knowledge of Ethereum
- Experience designing and implementing systems based on blockchain (separation of duties between chain, frontends and backends)
- Experience with Smart-Contracts full development cycle (Solidity) and knowledge of the standards for token contracts (ERC-20, ERC-721, ERC-1155, etc.)
- Strong experience with UNIX systems (Linux) and Cloud Infrastructures (AWS, GCP, etc.).
Some other relevant experience/qualifications:
- PhD (or strong programming experience) in Blockchains, Decentralised Systems, Cryptography, Virtual Machines or related discipline;
- Experience as a core blockchain developer, software architect and/or technical lead;
- Experience in blockchain gaming;
- Deep understanding of major public blockchains and scalability solutions;
- Experience implementing Crypto-Wallets,
- Experience with GPGPU and/or Crypto Mining,
- Experience in the Financial / Fintech industry.