Qualifications No qualifications
A bit about the company/role:$100bn was spent on in-game items last year. $0 went to players. We believe that games should provide more than just entertainment value for the time and money invested. At Immutable, we are combining blockchain technology and gaming expertise to solve this problem. Specifically, blockchain allows players to truly own their in-game items and to sell items for real money. Our goal is to create a technology platform where developers can easily integrate blockchain into their game.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to Immutable’s mission of making digital worlds real by working on our very own blockchain game: Gods Unchained.You will be a curious skilled software engineer who demonstrates initiative to dig deep and find creative ways to use value-oriented tech. You enjoy working with teams and have strong communication skills to communicate effectively and can comfortably deal with ambiguity.We don’t need you to know anything about blockchain or game development: we have in-house experts who can teach you everything you need to know. We do need an exceptional Frontend Engineer that is able to work with our pre-existing stack, built with Angular 10+, SASS and Web Components.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Help shape the future of the architecture of our front-end applications
- Document new and existing systems, practices and processes
- Build new features while maintaining and iterating on existing
- Propose tactics and techniques to help our team operate more efficiently
- Help estimate and prioritise proposed features
- Critically assess our current status of codebases and provide constructive feedback on how to improve them
- Work closely with your team with a high degree of synchronisation about goals and strategy to allow for efficient processes
- Lead and deliver multiple projects within the Gods Unchained team ones
- Deliver a world-class game experience to our players
- Minimum of 4+ years of deep engineering experience as a Front-end or Full-stack engineer or developer4+ years of experience developing web applications3+ years experience with React / Angular, CSS / SASS, Webpack, RxJS
- Experience working across a range of technologies and an ability to adapt to the shifting demands of the role
- An ability to balance current speed with future maintainability and composability
Some of the things we can offer you:
Competitive Salary and Employee Share Options: We want to build a successful company which means sharing the companies potential wins with those who contributed
Flexible working: Work-life balance is important to us, so feel free to work from home as needed
Diversity and Inclusion: We are a workspace that has committed to diversity and inclusion and have joined the Project F programme
Employee Assistance Program: 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
Ideal office location: Currently located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop
Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Equipment perks: We provide you with all the hardware you need to succeed, plus an additional $750 to set up your new home office
Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
Learning opportunities: Thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers
Additional Information:Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.