Qualifications No qualifications
Our mission is to safeguard the trust between users and Internet services by establishing secure and authentic digital identity. Magic’s vision is an Internet of people, not credentials. We are looking for team members who are not afraid to push beyond the status quo and create the simplest, most secure, and most long-term sustainable identity solution for app developers and end-users.
We are seeking to work with a curious, talented, and self-motivated DevOps Engineer with an insatiable appetite for learning and self improvement. You are passionate about implementing infrastructure solutions to achieve high maintainability, availability and scalability. As a DevOps Engineer on the team you’ll be working collaboratively with other amazing engineers owning everything that you build 100% of the way. You will flow seamlessly between building out solutions to improve deployment processes, operations procedures and system metrics tracking to building out core backend systems, kick-ass features, and intuitive/performant APIs.
Magic fully operates in a public cloud environment (AWS). We heavily adopt infrastructure-as-code (IaC) philosophy. We believe in automating infrastructure and operations to scale. System imperfections, and inefficiencies is the Bane to your Batman, and pragmatism is your north star.
What you bring to the table:
- Own the architecture and development of system components to improve monitoring, alerting and stability with compliance and security in mind
- Build upon the foundation of the existing infrastructure to support and enhance the productivity of the entire engineering team in San Francisco, Denver and Toronto
- Collaborate with other engineers to optimize CI/CD pipelines
- Ensure we are on the cutting edge features in the public cloud (AWS is a plus)
- Develop internal SLOs and SLIs to drive system reliability and to support external SLAs
- Design and build backend systems that powers the Magic experience
- Building and improving our APIs so that they are as scalable, performant, intuitive as can be
We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of DevOps experience working in a public cloud environment (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure)
- Expert in containerisation technologies (K8s and Docker)
- Expert in building and implementing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI, AWS codePipeline/codeBuild or similar
- Hand-on DevOps experience in the production environment with deep knowledge of modern SRE skills and concepts (Monitoring, SLAs, Observability, Automation, etc.)
- Production experience in system design, networking and virtual cloud implementation
- Production experience with Hashicorp products (Terraform, Vault, Boundary, etc.)
- Proficient in shell scripting and Python/Go
- Have experience in blockchain node management (Ethereum, Bitcoin and similar)
- Have participated in compliance audit (SOC2, ISO27001, HIPAA, GDPR)
- Experience in Linux/Unix system administration
- Experience in monitoring tools (Splunk, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana.)
- Have worked with serverless stack (FaaS)
- Have a startup personality and mentality: smart, hardworking, productive, team player, integrity, can execute under pressure
Technologies that we are currently using include React, Python, MySQL, Redis, Docker, K8s (EKS), AWS, HashiCorp (Vault/Terraform), etc. We are deeply driven by the agile development principles. We are looking for people who share the same philosophy, perform under pressure and are comfortable with frequent change requests.
We are remote-friendly, although we would prefer this role specifically to be in a timezone where we can have more hours overlap with the North American team members due to the need for frequent communication and collaboration.