Qualifications No qualifications
A bit about the role:$100bn was spent on in-game items last year. $0 went to players. We believe that players should be rewarded for the valuable time and money they choose to invest in games. At Immutable, we are using the power of blockchain to return true ownership to players where they are free to buy, sell, and trade their hard-earned in-game items. Our goal is to create a technology platform where developers can easily integrate blockchain into their game.
We are looking for a curious and skilled Senior Software Engineer to join us in our mission to make the digital worlds real using our blockchain game: Gods Unchained. You’ll be among the first software engineers to integrate with Ethereum’s first Layer 2 for NFTs: Immutable X, becoming a pioneer in the future of digital ownership. Additionally, you’ll use your expertise to help scale Gods Unchained’s frontend and backend systems to support millions of players and become a top-three digital trading card game. You’ll be empowered to dig deep and find creative ways to solve complex problems, with the support of other talented engineers. You’ll be involved from initial architecture design to the delivery of a finished product and supporting a passionate player-base.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Drive technical design decisions with the team
- Help shape and execute a plan to evolve our tech stack to a modern, distributed systems architecture
- Propose new initiatives and technologies to improve the scalability, maintainability, and reliability of Gods Unchained systems
- Own the planning, implementation, and release of high-value features and projects
- Solve problems that improve the experience of real players
- Balance requirements from engineering, game design, and production to deliver an optimal solution
- Create documentation for new and existing environments, practices and processes
- Improve upon existing features of the game from a user experience, performance and stability perspectives
- Contribute to building the Gods Unchained mobile version
- 3+ years of experience as a full stack engineer working with the following languages: Angular 2+, Python or PHP, Node.js or Golang
- Strong CSS/SASS skills
- Relevant experience with modern front-end or back-end frameworks
- Skilled in developing web applications and backend and software architecture (SOLID principles)Familiarity with agile and lean software development
- Ability to clearly articulate complex architectural and technical problems proving constructive feedback on how to improve them while still providing business value
- Well versed in unit testing practices
- Proven ability to take something relatively unknown, find the answers / solve problems, and release a good finished product
- Strong communication skills enabling you to work closely with your team and a high degree of synchronisation about goals and strategy will allow us to work more smartly and efficiently
- Some extra skills that would be awesome:Experience with serverless and/or event driven architecture
- Solidity experience Exposure to microservices architecture
Exposure to modern DevOps practices – QA Automation, Monitoring, Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform)Some of the things we can offer you:Competitive Salary and Employee Share Options: We want to build a successful company which means sharing the companies potential wins with those who contributed
Flexible working: Work-life balance is important to us, so feel free to work from home as needed
Diversity and Inclusion: We are a workspace that has committed to diversity and inclusion and have joined the Project F programme
Employee Assistance Program: 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
Ideal office location: Currently located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop
Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Equipment perks: We provide you with all the hardware you need to succeed, plus an additional $750 to set up your new home office
Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
Learning opportunities: Thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers
Additional Information:Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.