Qualifications No qualifications
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world’s largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 6000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 100 million pageviews in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation in order to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
As part of the CoinGecko engineering team. You will be part of the team that :
- Solves unique and large scale technical problems.
- Builds the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency data accessible to everyone across the globe at scale on the web and mobile (iOS & Android).
- Develop and scale the CoinGecko Data API that currently powers some of the biggest brands in the space.
- Manages infrastructure that is running in the cloud (Amazon Web Services & Google Cloud).
- Research and development of decentralized apps, Web3, and Solidity smart contracts on the blockchain network.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with our engineering team and product managers to ship products
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our backend systems
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers
What we look for in you:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You have keen interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and smart contracts.
Nice to haves:
- You have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size)
- You have experience with Blockchains (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.)
- You’ve built financial, high reliability, and large dataset systems.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
- Free daily team lunch
- Parking/Transport allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Basic insurance
- Training/Upskilling allowance
Email the following to email@example.com to apply :-
– Github profile
– Why are you interested in joining CoinGecko?
– Share with us one project you have worked on (at work, open source, side project) that you are proud of working with. What were the challenges? How did you overcome them? What did you learn from the experience?
– What are your thoughts on the subject of Arts & Humanities?
– Share with us your favorite book that relates to software engineering and why?
– Tell us about a newer (less than three years old) technology you like and why? How would you convince your team/company to adopt this technology? Does it make sense for them to use it?
– Our application needs to plot a bitcoin price chart over 3 months. One of the developers used the following query to obtain the data needed to plot the chart.
After a period of time, our support team is getting complaints from our users that the chart is taking too long to load.
Suggest at least 4 possible ways to improve the performance and fix this bottleneck.