Qualifications Bachelors Degree
We’re expanding the team of innovative Blockchain Engineers working on Flow, the high-performance, app-focused smart contract platform. You will lead the folks defining the state of the art for decentralized platforms!
You understand the value of clear and performant code and want to define the leading solutions for the industry’s most important problems. You understand that a thriving open source ecosystem multiplies your productivity. You’re eager for the opportunity to build a new category of computing platform. Together, we will establish a thriving software ecosystem bringing decentralized applications to an audience numbered in the billions.
As the ideal candidate, you have demonstrated expertise with distributed infrastructure development, as well as the curiosity and creativity to explore new approaches to complicated problems. You understand the value of developer-friendly infrastructure and are excited about breaking new ground in a quickly-evolving space. You’ve got experience leading a high performing development team, including strong mentorship and coaching chops.
A little about us:
Flow is the blockchain for builders. Created by Dapper Labs, the team behind CryptoKitties, Flow will be the foundation for the next generation of decentralized applications with notable partners including NBA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, and Animoca.
The Flow team is a humble and curious bunch of builders and scientists who share a passion for blockchain technology and the new kinds of software it enables. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team flourishes in an environment where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above all else; regardless of where you came from or what you studied, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Build an innovative blockchain as the foundation for an entire ecosystem of consumer applications, starting with games, collectibles, and the apps that interact with them
- Defy accepted wisdom on the scalability of blockchain platforms
- Design, develop, and deploy new systems that enhance throughput, latency, availability, and security
- Apply cutting-edge research and new developments to daily work
- Ensure that our work is ethical and values-driven to create a positive impact on the world
Does this describe you?
- Demonstrated excellence in software engineering including exposure to distributed systems, scalability, and algorithms, preferably in Golang
- Experience with technical leadership of engineering teams including mentorship and coaching
- Experience in blockchain and/or decentralized architectures, consensus and/or cryptographic systems
- Demonstrated technical design capabilities, architecting complex technical features despite ever-evolving product requirements
- Focused on delivering impact and results to the makers and consumers who will benefit from this new ecosystem
- Excited about joining an open and honest work environment with supportive, ego-free colleagues committed to solving hard problems
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world’s first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use. Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $300M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others. Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.