Qualifications No qualifications
Who are we?
Audius is a digital streaming service that connects fans directly with artists and exclusive new music.
It does this by being fully decentralized: Audius is owned and run by a vibrant, open-source community of artists, fans, and developers all around the world. Audius gives artists the power to share never-before-heard music and monetize streams directly. Developers can build their own apps on top of Audius, giving them access to one of the most unique audio catalogs in existence.
Backed by an all-star team of investors, Audius was founded in 2018 and serves over 4,000,000 users every month, making it the largest non-financial crypto application ever built.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate team-players to help us architect and build the most difficult parts of the Audius protocol (high availability services for decentralized replication of data, latency-sensitive distributed file transfers, Ethereum smart contracts, infrastructure and tooling for third parties to run our open source services). You are a collaborative engineer who enjoys working with a small team to solve big problems that need innovative solutions. You’re eager to jump into multiple parts of our tech stack and have strong CS fundamentals to do so. We solve a lot of problems that can’t be easily Googled or searched on StackOverflow.
Audius is a 18-person team of entrepreneurs, engineers, audiophiles, and blockchain experts. Our benefits include unlimited PTO, high quality paid medical insurance, FSA, 401k, yearly learning stipend, equipment stipend and a home office setup credit. We also have a monthly concert credit (COVID-19 permitting).
Our company is fully remote forever and our team is currently distributed across the United States.
- Be a generalist engineer and work on a diverse set of problems from client libraries that talk to different services to database sharding. More examples below.
- Assume ownership of features end to end through development, testing and release
- Promote sound engineering practices and champion best practices for testing, tooling and incident response
Skills and Experience
- Must have 2+ years of experience working with production systems
- Solid conceptual understanding of full stack software development including system architecture, web serving infrastructure, and database design
- Great interpersonal and communication skills and comfort working within a small team
Things you’ll work on
- Writing blockchain smart contracts using Solidity (ETH), Rust (Solana) and other languages and tools
- Building a decentralized and distributed file system capable of automatic failover and replication
- Building a real time blockchain indexer to normalize transactions into a database and shard it across third party infrastructure for lightning fast queries for 4 million monthly users
- Building infrastructure agnostic, self upgrading services that will be shipped to external parties hosted in every way imaginable
- Securing Audius with encryption and cryptography as well as identifying and fixing possible attack vectors
- Experience working at a startup
- Experience with Blockchain and/or Distributed systems
- Experience building music players and apps