Qualifications Bachelors Degree
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko is the world’s largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 6000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 100 million pageviews in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation in order to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
As part of the CoinGecko engineering team. You will be part of the team that :
- Solves unique and large scale technical problems.
- Builds the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency data accessible to everyone across the globe at scale on the web and mobile (iOS & Android).
- Develop and scale the CoinGecko Data API that currently powers some of the biggest brands in the space.
- Manages infrastructure that is running in the cloud (Amazon Web Services & Google Cloud).
- Research and development of decentralized apps, Web3, and Solidity smart contracts on the blockchain network.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with our engineering team and product managers to ship products
- Execute full software development life cycle
- Develop and push code into production environment
- Write clean, reusable code and libraries
- Continuously learn about new engineering techniques and technologies
- Have the chance to learn about blockchain programming (Solidity Web3)
What we look for in you:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields
- You write high quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You’re excited about hard problems and getting things done.
- Enjoy thinking about how people interact with products and building experiences that users love.
- Self-motivated and committed to personal growth.
- Approach problems with positive energy.
- You have keen interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and smart contracts.
Nice to haves:
- Excited about blockchain and cryptocurrency
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
- Free daily team lunch
- Parking/Transport allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Basic insurance
- Training/Upskilling allowance
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply :-
– Github Profile
– Why are you interested in joining CoinGecko?
– Share with us one project you have worked on (at work, open source, side project) that you are proud of working with. What were the challenges? How did you overcome them? What did you learn from the experience?
– What are your thoughts on the subject of Arts & Humanities?
– Tell us about a newer (less than three years old) technology you like and why? How would you convince your team/company to adopt this technology? Does it make sense for them to use it?
– One of our developers built a page to display market information for over 500 cryptocurrencies in a single page. After several days, our support team started receiving complaints from our users that they are not able to view the website and it takes too long to load. What do you think causes this issue and suggest at least 3 ideas to improve the situation.
– Share with us your favorite book that relates to software engineering and why?