Who are we?
We’re a remote team made up of ~60 core contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
We’re searching for an experienced Accountant to join our Finance team in this varied and high ownership role that has significant impact and growth potential.
You don’t shy away from manual processes while keeping in mind automation of workflows as the end goal. This is an incredible opportunity to work with different jurisdictions, several types of assets and crypto accounting, all while making sure everything is in line with best practices of agile accounting.
Join a team that encompasses startup, corporate and lean management worlds, you will be working alongside our Finance Assistant, Manager and Director. This will mean taking ownership of some of our most important financial processes.
Some of the topics you will handle on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis:
- Daily accounting and recording of transactions;
- Classification of expenses by teams;
- Document management;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Intra-group transactions;
- Month-, quarter- and year-end processes;
- Consolidation for management reporting;
- General ledger accounting;
- Support the management reporting processes;
- Assist with tax and accounting audits;
- Filing for taxes in different jurisdictions.
If you’re proactive, eager to learn, get a kick out of implementing lean processes to automate away repetition, enjoy rolling up your sleeves and find great satisfaction in solving complex business problems, this is the role for you.
What you will need to bring in order to be successful:
- Strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent status in Europe;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting, from which at least 3 years of experience must be in startup environments;
- Knowledge of IFRS;
- Experience with Xero;
- Experience with crypto-accounting.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with lean financial processes and workflow automation
- Knowledge of German GAAP or Swiss Code of Obligations;
- Experience with tax accounting;
- Auditing experience;
- Compliance awareness and experience;
- German language skills;
- Experience with intra-group accounting;
- Experience working remotely, and if you also love crypto as much as we do, we’d love to hear from you!
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Teodor from our People Op
- s team;
- Interview with Ruslan, Finance Director;
- Interview with Johannes, Finance team colleague;
- A compensated 10-15 hour work trial project to get a feel for how we’d work together.
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for “The Accountant” to join our team as soon as possible, and we’re hoping to close the hiring process ideally by the end of October 2020.
The anticipated salary range for this role is 40.000 – 45.000 EUR (paid in a local currency, or crypto, and dependent on experience & location), plus a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over a three-year period. More info on SNT here: https://status.im/snt-utility/.