Qualifications No qualifications
Who we need
As a Technical Project Manager, you will work directly with our clients, such as the Ethereum Foundation, Web3 Foundation, Protocol Labs, and the Interchain Foundation to help make their vision a reality. You will work closely with a Technical Lead to lead the development team through the project lifecycle, from research and requirements-gathering to integration testing and deployment. You will be accountable for the overall success of your projects with a focus on project planning and execution, client satisfaction, team morale, and communications. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. Every project is on the cutting-edge and quite often we’re figuring things out as we go, so continuous learning and teaching is the norm. You will also have the opportunity to become a recognized leader in the blockchain industry. We are very active in blockchain communities and are often asked to give talks and workshops at conferences around the world.
What’s in it for you
It goes without saying that the work we do at ChainSafe will offer you the most significant technical challenges you can imagine – and some that you can’t. Over and above that, you will gain:
- Peer and community recognition. You want to make a meaningful contribution to the open source work that is driving the Web3 infrastructure and blockchain space forward, becoming a master of the domain. We are actively contributing to the Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Cosmos, Polkadot, and Filecoin ecosystems and are open to contributing to other Web3 ecosystems where we see the merit.
- Mentorship – and the chance to lead. You want to be mentored by experts in bleeding-edge technology and the services we build and support, with an opportunity to mentor and facilitate learning and growth for those newer to the work.
- Fulfillment.You want to work with the best people, on cutting edge technologies, contributing to an incredible range of projects that have an impact individually and as a whole.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of blockchain software projects
- Main point of contact with the client for status updates, requirements, priorities, etc.
- Work closely with the Technical Lead to plan the project: read specifications, create milestones & roadmap, create tasks, set priorities, etc
- Lead project management rituals such as standup, sprint planning, & retrospectives
- Proactively resolve or escalate any issues to minimize impact on client satisfaction or team morale
- Develop a deep understanding of the project & corresponding blockchain network. Help the team stay up-to-date on the latest news & developments
- Hold regular 1:1s with developers to ensure the team is happy, engaged, and works together cohesively
- Maintain a high level of transparency, thorough communication & documentation using tools such as Slack, Notion, GitHub, & ZenHub
- Experience managing software projects
- Demonstrated ability to independently & quickly learn about technical concepts
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate trade-offs and make effective decisions
- Extremely organized, responsive, & accountable
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- High-level of emotional intelligence & empathy
- Excellent active listening skills
- Technical understanding of distributed systems and/or blockchain technology
- Experience managing technical back-end software projects
- Software development experience or education
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- A passion for open-source software
- A passion for blockchain technology