At Tendermint Inc., we build, maintain, and promote critical state-of-the-art infrastructure for decentralized applications, such as Tendermint Core & Cosmos SDK. We are the team who designed and implemented the gold standard of proof of stake protocols and got it launched on a public blockchain network, Cosmos. We’re passionate, self-driven, industry leaders whose vision is to empower every human to contribute to solving the world’s most urgent and complex problems. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major impact on how humans connect and coordinate on a global scale. Join our growing team and plug into the most powerful blockchain ecosystem.
How we work:
We have team members working from across North America, Europe, and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is important to us and we rely heavily on Slack, Zoom, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is open source. This is a full-time remote position and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8am and 12pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, you’ll be expected to adapt to our meeting times.
About the position:
Tendermint’s Developer Experience (DevX) team is seeking a talented and motivated backend engineer with experience in developing Go applications. You will be working within the DevX team to define requirements, iterate on software solutions, and deliver useful developer tools for people interested in building Cosmos applications. We’re looking for a motivated and versatile engineer who understands developer ergonomics and has great written communication skills. Your work will be hugely impactful, as your tools will be used by a rapidly growing, international audience of developers.
What you will be doing:
- Designing and implementing APIs for blockchain server-side applications based on Cosmos SDK
- Brainstorming and developing new features with consideration to both user experience and implementation details
- Writing helpful guides and tutorials on using the SDK
- Collaborating with the members of the Developer Experience team to build command line applications for code generation and deployment.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Working knowledge of networking and databases
- Ability to throw together an HTTP server that serves data from a DB over WebSockets
- Ability to multitask between several projects
Nice to have:
- Experience in deploying and maintaining server-side Go applications
- Curiosity about data-intensive applications, replicating state machines and crypto
- Experience with tools like Docker, Terraform, Ansible