The TIE is the leading provider of alternative data for digital assets. We help businesses in the cryptocurrency industry act on market-moving information faster through our proprietary social sentiment and Crypto SigDevTM feeds. Our clients include leading hedge funds, trading venues, publications, research firms, tokens issuers, and other digital asset market participants.
We’re still a small team but are growing and need your help to keep up.
What We are Hiring For?
We’re looking for a data scientist to:
- Identify and explore patterns in our proprietary data sets.
- Source and diligence external data sets.
- Develop and rigorously backtest quantitative trading strategies.
- Assist in the production of research for clients.
You have a strong interest in data science, finance, and cryptocurrency. In addition, you’re excited to work in a fast-paced start-up environment where there are always new projects and challenges. While day-to-day responsibilities will revolve around data science, you will have the opportunity to learn different functional areas of the business working side-by-side with the founders and business partners, and interacting with customers.
Location: Remote (Greater NYC Area or Orange County, CA a Plus)
- Explore, visualize, and validate our proprietary cryptocurrency data sets
- Work with our developers to source, research, test, and analyze new data sets to include in our suite of products
- Backtest our proprietary data sets to develop actionable trading signals and models
- Work with our customers to help them better understand and use our datasets
- Work with our analyst and team to write or contribute to research reports, media outlets, and other publications
What you Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field, or relevant work experience
- Familiarity with financial terms and products and experience working with financial data across the above functions
- Experience in Python, R, and/or SQL
- Experience developing methods and programs to parse, process, analyze, and comprehend large data sets
- A creative and entrepreneurial mindset. You’re self-driven and will be able to work in both a team environment and work independently towards solutions
- The versatility and interest to learn new technologies on the job
What You Would Ideally Have:
- 1-2 years of experience working with financial data
- Strong curiosity for or experience in cryptocurrency
- Experience with blockchain data
- Experience developing and backtesting trading strategies
- Experience creating compelling data visualizations
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining how you meet the required criteria to email@example.com