The Lead Engineer will be a ‘doer’ who can build across the whole stack of backend, frontend, smart contracts, and devops/infrastructure. Over time you will increasingly take on management and leadship responsibilities as the team grows, however you will mostly be getting your hands dirty with development for the near-term future. This will be a challenging and rewarding role in building and scaling our system as Transak undergoes rapid growth.
Transak is a developer integration for a fiat-to-crypto payment gateway. This means that we provide a tool that allows end users of applications to pay in fiat and receive crypto tokens or vice versa. We do this by integrating with local compliance, payment methods, and liquidity from around the world. Transak is backed by Consensys, Lunex, The LAO, and Mycelium Ventures, and graduated from the Tachyon accelerator program.
Your superpower-bag contains:
* Experience in leading a software team in a modern software engineering culture
* Interest in crypto and blockchain and blockchain applications
* Deep understanding of Node promises and event loop
* Deep understanding of Git
* Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g., software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
* Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain a dev/build environment and handle security and scaling issues
Even better if you
* Have knowledge of automated trading and exchange technology
* Have played with Solidity and the EVM
* Are familiar with crypto-economic protocol design, including governance and incentive structures
* Prior experience with building infrastructure for financial or security systems
A peak inside our systems and what you would be building
You should be confident to work on (or at least interested to learn about):
* Fiat payment systems reconciliation and automation – Transak integrates with payment methods all over the world. This job will require working with card payments, bank transfers, e-wallets, and many more.
* Crypto payment reconciliation and automation – the other side of this is the same but for tokens on different blockchains including Ethereum, Bitcoin, layer 2, and more.
* External-facing APIs and SDKs – Transak is primarily a B2B integration and so having well documented APIs that allow other to integrate our gateway is essential. See our work so far here: https://transak.stoplight.io/
* Devops and infrastructure – we are transitioning towards a microservices architecture deployed on Kubernetes. Our infrastructure and tooling will be essential in promoting teamwork and shipping fast.
* Trading and accounting systems – Transak processes 1000s of transactions per day so accounting, pricing and testing needs to be perfect and real-time.
* Business intelligence and data analysis – creating dashboards that highlight trends in our company and allow us to make more intelligent and organised decisions.
* User on-boarding systems, to allow sign ups and KYC with as little friction as possible
What we offer
– Reduced commission on buying cryptocurrency through the Transak exchange
– We are a VC backed company and will pay a competitive salary and give meaningful equity in the company
– Opportunity to work in a *fast* growing startup – you will learn and grow as a person faster than with any degree or corporate job!
– Opportunity to work remotely or in an office – work from wherever you want or join team members in our London or Bangalore office if you want
– Flexible work hours – your working hours are up to you, so long as you deliver value and show up on time for meetings
– Option to take pay in digital currencies
– Holiday allowance up to 30 days per year (including national holidays and religious festivals)