About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the team at Transparent. Why do we say “experienced?” We need a hands-on partner with great attention to detail who will drive solutions that speak to our market and improve our products and company.
As an early member of our product team, you will work closely with our CTO, engineering, and legal teams on current and future products. You will help us think through, research, and design new use cases and ecosystems; blindspots we need to (re)consider; areas, features, or products to focus on next—anything that helps us achieve our goal is in scope. We expect you to use your expertise, lessons learned, and guidance to help us; and we also expect that to do so, you will be customer and results focused. You’ll shape the product, align the people, and ship. If you are ready to take on the work and drive through walls (not literally) to make products better, we want to hear from you.
Success in this position looks like coming up to speed as we continue working with our partners in various verticals. You’ll bring clarity and focus, while staying supremely flexible in the face of constant change.
**If you are worried that you don’t match every bullet point below but are still interested, please apply! Nobody checks every box. We’re looking for candidates who add value to the team in key areas, have some interest and capabilities in others, and are motivated to continue learning and growing on the job.**
What else will you be doing?
We know you understand the ins and outs of being a product manager: market research/positioning, roadmap planning, product pricing, requirements and specifications development, etc. Those are the foundations of the job, but let’s focus on what we think you’ll be doing outside of that:
- Working directly with customers and partners—having empathy, digging into issues, exploring new areas, and bringing back ideas
- Focusing on output and results by using the best methods and communication styles to achieve
- what needs to be done
- Asking follow-up questions and/or extracting requirements from ambiguity—we aren’t perfect and don’t expect you to be either
- Breaking down roadmaps and future plans into phased executions to guide other teams
- Working with our CTO and Product Owner to prioritize and execute product backlogs and timelines
- Collaborating and working closely with all levels of the organization to ensure product timelines, goals, and plans are aligned with the overall product delivery schedule and roadmap
- Owning all updates, inputs, and changes to the product requirements document
You bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience as a product manager in a technology business, SaaS, finance or financial services, fintech, blockchain, payments, or equivalent industries
- While a gut feeling can start you down a new path, when you are ready to move beyond that, you back it up with data-driven insights and research, and are ready to present those findings with leadership or across the company
- We are a small team, and while we support each other, we need a co-worker who is driven, works well independently, and can pick up tasks and run with them
- Intelligence, creativity, and excitement about the opportunities and tumult of a venture-backed startup
Special consideration given for:
- Experience working in a complex and regulated industry
- A cross-disciplinarian background that gives you insight into other departments and needs—increasing your ability to collaborate with others and drive the product
- Beyond just shipping products, you understand that discovering, building, and improving current and new products isn’t just about market research—a large part requires a customer focus
- Work on a truly novel product that will positively impact the world
- Competitive startup salary and equity
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for employee and dependents + other benefits like 401K, etc.
- Paid time off each year: vacation (15 days), holidays (10 days + we shut down for the final week of the year), sick time
- Paid parental leave
- We think we are a fun place to work with interesting people and are evolving the best ways we can to keep having fun in a socially distant world