About TrustTokenWe are at the forefront of a revolution in financial technology. Over the last three years, stable digital currencies have grown from being a $10mm market to a $5.6B market (560x growth). Meanwhile fintech is booming across the world as people grow dissatisfied with traditional banks and look for alternatives. We believe that new technology will allow us to make financial freedom as accessible as the internet and we are driven each day towards this vision.
Our team is global with employees based in San Francisco, Ireland and remote, made up of talented people from Google, Facebook, and Coinbase. Investors at a16z crypto, Founders Fund Angel, Stanford StartX, and other top VC firms believe in us and have provided over $30mm of funding for us to achieve our vision. We started by creating a way to move money more freely than ever before with our stablecoins: TrueUSD, TrueAUD, TrueCAD, TrueGBP, and TrueHKD.
Our TrueCurrencies now connect 76 countries across 6 continents and power billions of dollars of transactions. Our team is on a mission to empower people by opening access to financial opportunities. We’re bringing online a global, open-access financial network that will touch a billion lives across every corner of the planet. It’s going to be a long journey, and we’re just at the beginning.
About the role:
This is an opportunity to build technology that will shape the future of finance.
You’ll be working on code that plays a crucial role in the open-access financial infrastructure that we’re building. And on a small, fast-moving team, your impact on the product will be huge.
On our team, you’ll be working on the back-end for several products including TrueUSD (one of the largest stablecoins in the world), TrustToken Assurance, and other products we haven’t publicly announced yet.
We have a remote friendly culture and are looking for strong talent on our global engineering team.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop, release and operate our backend services
- Build out product features, define our technical architecture, and brainstorm ways to continually make our application more performant, reliable and scalable
- Write high quality code that is efficient, maintainable and well-tested
- Work inside a clean microservices-based architecture and a modern tech stack
- Collaborate with our front-end web and mobile engineers, developing the APIs to power great products
- Collaborate with the rest of the eng team to continually refine and evolve our coding standards and tech stack
- Work closely with Product to iterate our app in response to customer feedback and business requirements
What we’re looking for from you
- Professional experience with backend development, including database design and API development. Preferred experience with modern backend technologies such as Python, Ruby, NodeJS, Go, etc
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-changing start-up environment
- Bonus points for interest in cryptocurrencies, blockchains, and/or consumer finance
- Live the TrustToken values: seek truth, embody renaissance ambition, make good things easy, and get shit done
About our tech stack
- Completely microservices-based architecture
- Internal microservices built with Python 3, gRPC, Celery
- GraphQL API servers built with NodeJS + Koa + Typescript
- Postgres databases
- Redis for caching and message queues
- AWS-based infrastructure using ECS, Docker, Terraform
- Continuous integration and deployment strategy
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you if so.