Qualifications No qualifications
ChainSafe Systems is a blockchain R&D firm on a mission to realize the potential of Web3 infrastructure through sustainable, open-source development. Our vision is to create a world with organizations that empower people to build and innovate through blockchain agnostic tools and other distributed technologies.
We are global leaders in the industry, unique in our work across multiple blockchain ecosystems, and currently are pioneering Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Cosmos, Polkadot and Filecoin technology. We are actively pursuing the development of our own product suite, having recently released Files, which allows users to upload and store files on IPFS and Filecoin with the goal of furthering development to provide a decentralized alternative to cloud storage.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a unique space, growing quickly, and building a global reputation in this nascent space. Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential.
Here’s what you might want to know before reading on:
- Our stack is progressive and open-source and includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript.
- We spearhead ecosystem projects like Lodestar, Web3.js, Forest, Gossamer and Ethermint.
- We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors (who can commit to a minimum of 35 hours a week). For those local to Toronto, our casual, open-concept office in Chinatown has meeting rooms, lounge areas, and space to pull up a chair.
Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fuelled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. You will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
Who we need
We are looking for a passionate and proactive UX/UI designer who shares our commitment to creating effective and joyful UIs and accelerate mainstream adoption of blockchain and crypto. You will help to ensure consistent and high-quality user experience across all UIs.
Who you are
You think critically and see your work as a reflection of yourself. You are a hardworking team player that consistently pushes yourself and you want to work with people like yourself. You have solid examples of your work. You find it fulfilling to tackle ambiguous problems with thoughtful, tangible solutions. You might be an independent designer, product designer or self-taught, looking to redirect your skills and your knowledge to a greater purpose.
- Collaborate closely with engineers and product managers to define user needs, product requirements to define long-term strategy and short-term tactics
- Deliver detailed UI design for blockchain products, apps and landing pages
- Ensure consistent product excellence
- Solicit feedback from users and teammates to enhance experience across touch-points
- Actively advise on design processes
- 2-3 years proven work experience in UX/UI or product design
- Examples of your work (PDF, behance and dribbble links are fine)
- Proficiency with Figma
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders and continuous learning
- Familiarity with blockchain and crypto concepts preferred
- Experience with a design system is a plus
- Being able to code is a bonus
Why join us
Founded by Developers for Developers, we foster an agile environment where tasks are assigned based not just on what you know but what you want to learn. We offer opportunities for personal growth, mentorship, professional development funding, tons of autonomy and responsibility, a results-driven environment, close collaboration with an international team, exposure to a wide array of ecosystems and trailblazing technologies, and flexible work hours.
At ChainSafe, we are a compassionate group of builders and makers, working to bring our ideas to life. You’ll be part of a team that believes in the vital importance of community and contributing to advance humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
We care deeply about our values and look for these in every team member: A dedication to self-improvement and professional development; a commitment to community and collaboration; a drive for accountability, diligence and autonomy; and fostering a place of acceptance, friendliness, and compassion.
Tell us who you are and learn more about us
If you are ready to join us, assemble your highlights (GitHub, portfolio, LinkedIn) and show us your best work. Get ready to have incredible conversations with passionate developers like yourself. For our team’s project highlights, explore our Discord, GitHub, and our website.
We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas
At ChainSafe, diversity and inclusion is more than a statement; equality and accessibility are guiding principles embedded in who we are – and why we do what we do. Our leadership is committed to continuously improving their own level of education to make the fairest and inclusive hiring and performance decisions from an informed perspective. We recognize the benefits of a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture, values, and day-to-day practices.
If at any time we can provide accommodations to facilitate your application and interview process, please let us know. We will strive to meet your needs.