Ultra is launching a PC games distribution platform combined with a gaming app ecosystem.Ultra offers a highly integrative user experience and new business models for developers, gamers and influencers. Our goal is to unify the fragmented gaming industry around one platform.
The combination of cutting-edge technologies we use (including blockchain) enables Ultra to aggregate all gamers’ activities in one place: from buying, playing and reselling games, to accessing live-streaming platforms, tournaments, reviews and contests, as well as interacting with communities and brands.
The team is currently composed of 60+ full-time members, working across 5 continents. To learn more, visit our website: https://ultra.io/
Ultra is looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer with relevant experience in GCP to join our growing team. In this role, you will have the creative freedom to design, develop, test and implement robust solutions using cloud services. You’ll work collaboratively with development teams to build and maintain tools for automated deployment, monitoring and operations.
As a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will provide guidance and technical leadership to less-experienced team members and may be asked to assemble and perform training sessions on an as needed basis. You will also be asked to develop documentation on the new built system.
- You have a passion for automation & cloud, delivering an exceptional experience through the creation of environments and tools that will allow Ultra to deliver unique and cutting-edge products to our customers.
- You have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in designing, implementing and maintaining cloud environments using the GCP platform.
- You are pro open source who does not like to reinvent the wheel, force of proposal and an excellent team player.
- You are attentive to potential security vulnerabilities, constantly strive for improvement, like to get out of your comfort zone and the challenges are a source of motivation for you.
- GCP experience (GKE, IAM, …)
- Solid experience with Kubernetes
- Experience running and maintaining a 24×7 cloud-oriented production environment
- Demonstrate expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24×7 environments
- Automate continuous delivery (CI/CD) using Gitlab CI, Jenkins, npm, Docker, Git
- Python, Ruby and Shell Scripting
- Linux/Unix environment
- Config management such as Puppet/Ansible/Chief
- Infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
- Microservices using Docker
- Orchestration using Kubernetes
- MongoDB and Apache Kafka
- Proficient in English
- Proven ability to lead a devops team
It’s great if you also have experience with:
- AWS (EC2, ECS, Lambda, load balancers, VPC, auto-scaling, CloudWatch, RDS, Elasticache)
- Some aspect(s) of computer security: network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography, etc…)
- Deploying and supporting database management systems (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra)
- MongoDB and Apache Kafka SAAS solutions
- Deploying and supporting Lucene-based systems (ElasticSearch)
- The challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex, distributed systems
- Microservices architecture, web services and message brokers
- Agile software development practices
- Network engineering
- Experience monitoring junior devops
Your technical challenges:
- All our services require highly scalable server architectures (+1mil concurrent user) where blockchain will ultimately affect our infrastructural choices.
- Ultra could be considered as a multitude of smaller sub-projects, each having its own team leader. Your ability to advise and oversee the needs of multiple sub-teams simultaneously will define our project’s success!
- You will have to work with offices all around the world, assigning, overseeing and working on tasks with them remotely will be part of your daily routine.
At Ultra, you will:
- Design, implement and support IT architecture using cloud technologies (mostly in GCP)
- Ensure the availability, elasticity and resilience of all services in production
- Identify the appropriate use of proven GCP architectural best practices
- Work closely with the development teams to enable a continuous integration / deployment environment that sustains & incorporates extensive automation
- Work closely with the development teams to brainstorm, design and implement technical build and deployment solutions
- Write technical documentation
- Be a creative force
- Be part of a squad team and participate in Backlog Grooming, Daily meeting, Retrospective and Sprint review
Ultra is a true international company, with the main offices located in Paris and teams between Paris and the USA, China, India, Estonia… We thrive off diverse perspectives! We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic or social origin, age, lifestyle, and more. We’re committed to giving equal opportunities and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.