Uniswap is seeking someone to help manage our community presence. Uniswap has a fantastic and highly engaged community, and we are looking for someone who has a strong understanding of Ethereum and DeFi fundamentals to support and engage with this community.
This role will be a highly visible role in the organization and in the broader ecosystem. The ideal candidate for this role would be someone with a huge passion and intellectual curiosity for all things DeFi. You will not only manage our day-to-day online presence, you will also be responsible for keeping your finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the DeFi and greater crypto space.
You should love community building and have a knack for developing online relationships. You will be joining a small and scrappy team, and this role will have a lot of autonomy– you should be a self-starter and be capable of self-directed work. You should be well spoken and insightful, but also funny–someone that our users want to engage with on the day to day.
Most importantly, you should care deeply about the mission of decentralized finance and always be thinking of creative ways to help spread the word.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Understand Uniswap’s tone and messaging and apply this by engaging with users on twitter and in our discord
- Deep technical understanding of Uniswap’s mechanisms and ability to answer questions and speak to users and integration partners
- Manage support requests
- Attend virtual and in person conferences and hackathons, support hackers, and generally engage with the developer community around Uniswap
- Create fun community engagement programs, such as giveaways or virtual events
- Host a monthly Uniswap community call
- Manage our mailing list and create periodic newsletter updates
- Create dank memes
- Develop new wants of engaging with our users and community
- Work with the business development team to turn community engagement into active BD opportunities
- Thought leadership on issues in the DeFi space via twitter and the Uniswap blog
- Experience working in community management for a crypto project
- Organizational skills
- Self-directed worker
- Ability to respond very quickly across all of our platforms
- Sense of humor
- Degree in computer science/self-taught engineer
- Active following on twitter
- Existing relationships in the crypto space
- Fondness for the color pink
We are a team mostly located in the NYC area and prefer candidates who live in or would be able to relocate to New York City, but are very open to remote work for the right candidate.
Uniswap welcomes all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
This is a full time role which includes health insurance and other benefits.