Qualifications Bachelors Degree
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are currently looking for a passionate, experienced VFX Artist to join our Design Team at Mythical Games. Responsibilities will include collaborating closely with the Art Director and a highly motivated creative team to produce quality VFX that define and expand the look of our game.
This is a unique opportunity to have a fundamental impact on our first game Blankos Block Party and make positive and meaningful contributions to our game.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work with Art Director/Lead/ engineers to build and implement high-quality VFX
- Build original particle systems, game animations, models, and ambient scene assets that combined together form outstanding VFX
- Paint VFX textures and flipbooks from scratch and match an established style
- Support and Collaborate with UI Design team
- Meet visual quality standards
- Create Prototype concepts and push what is possible
- Optimize game assets and implementation as needed
- Solid working experience with Maya, and Unity PFX / Visual Shader Graph
- 3+ years as a VFX Artist for real-time games
- An awesome portfolio of VFX delights
- Passionate and self-motivated to push for high-quality VFX
- A love for problem-solving
- Ability to quickly iterate concepts given input from the Art Director
- Professional attitude and ability to take constructive criticism
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
Nice to Haves
- Degree in Art/Design
Requires Application Materials:
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.