Exciting opportunity for a Staff Software Engineer in our Blockchain Engineering team. You will be working with a team of engineers dedicated to making the VMware Blockchain Platform the dominant Enterprise Blockchain solution.
At VMware, we are building an Enterprise Blockchain with innovation, enterprise-grade capability, and solutions that will power blockchain in every market sector.
You will work with a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware’s Research Group in this role. Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware’s EPIC2 values.
Are you ready for your next great challenge with the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
- Contribute to implementation of an enterprise blockchain solution. This includes but is not limited to work on the Byzantine Fault Tolerant State Machine Replication layer, work on the EVM execution engine and smart contract layer and work on the ledger layer.
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers and researchers to solve complex problems
- Collaboration with cross functional teams involved in the product delivery
- Working with global team in different geographical locations
- Knowledge of Blockchain and EVM technologies
- Experience working on EVM execution engines is an advantage
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies.
- Deep understanding of distributed computing concepts in practice
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies.
- Strong development experience in C++( v11 and higher) in Linux
- Expertise in one of the following: distributed systems, security/cryptography
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to lead challenging demands.
- Experience with leading the everyday activities of a global engineering team using Agile/Scrum processes.
Who you are:
- Self Starter – Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong collaboration skills with a “Team First” mentality.
- Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do.
- “Growth” mindset in tackle problems and creating great solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years experience in an equivalent role
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience
This position is eligible for JoinBlockchain referral campaign
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly.
Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.