Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Why work with us
Boson Protocol is advancing the world of commerce by enabling enterprises, organisations, and customers to bridge the divide between digital decentralized technologies and the transfer and trade of physical goods.
Our vision is for Boson to become the basic plumbing for dCommerce and its data on the emerging decentralized web, where the value captured is distributed equitably between token holders and protected from capture by a single centralized entity. Read more about us here: https://bosonprotocol.io/
If you are passionate about revolutionizing the way commerce works by bridging the gap between blockchain technology and real world asset transfers, we hope you apply to join us!
As the VP of Engineering, you will be helping us achieve our vision, by evolving our product and technology strategy, along with building a fast-growing team of exceptional crypto-native engineers and web3 experts.
We are looking for a highly motivated and inquisitive VP of Engineering, with in-depth knowledge of the blockchain ecosystem and a never ending curiosity to learn and master new technologies and practices. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a senior technical leadership position and deep expertise in building and shipping enterprise and consumer facing products. Since we are growing rapidly, candidates should have experience hiring and supporting diverse and globally distributed teams of engineers, following equal opportunities principles. We are looking for someone who has tangible commercial experience leading the development arm of high growth businesses. We don’t need you to have an engineering or equivalent degree, though it is desirable. Our main focus is on your past experience and how you delivered results.
This role is for a long-term relationship, working predominantly remotely, becoming an integral part of an international team. The VP of Engineering will report directly to the technical co-founder and will be a member of the management team.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the technical co-founder, CEO and the product teams to evolve the vision, create, execute and maintain short and long-term strategic plans and translate business goals into innovative products at the bleeding edge of blockchain technology.
- Create and champion a culture of cutting-edge lean product management and engineering techniques that will motivate, develop and grow the team to continually innovate using modern practices and frameworks, providing visibility and predictability to the rest of the organization.
- Recruit, onboard and support the growth of a world class remote-first engineering team, providing mentoring, coaching and capability development whilst having budgetary responsibility for technology.
- Establish and evolve modern engineering principles and practices for the organization, resulting in high quality systems and providing technical leadership in terms of architecture, infrastructure and operations.
- Collaborate with internal and external experts within various technical domains to advance the rapidly evolving blockchain community and progress the decentralization movement.
You’ll have an advantage if you have experience of:
- Blockchain concepts, technologies, implementation and operation with in-depth knowledge of Ethereum a plus.
- Shipping world-class customer facing products that have been delivered using principles of lean product design and utilising data and insight to drive decision making.
- Leading by example, feeling as comfortable with the management team as you do pairing with an engineer, building a culture of learning, knowledge sharing and technical excellence, in a remote-first, distributed environment.
- Hiring strategies and onboarding processes to assemble and coordinate top-quality development teams.
- Building and evolving highly scalable cloud and blockchain based systems across different channels and platforms, integrating with the best in class from the blockchain ecosystem, proactively addressing security aspects of systems that are always online and always under attack.
- Reviewing product and technical designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements.
What we offer you:
- Flexible, remote work with a high degree of autonomy in a dynamic, fast growth startup
- An opportunity to leverage bleeding edge technology and industry-leading development practices
- Close collaboration with leading projects in the space, e.g. immediate deep dive into Ocean Protocol integration
- A highly competitive salary and an attractive equity position. Details depend on ability and experience. Come and talk to us.
Some of our guiding principles:
- Dream Big: We want to build technology that can outlast the founders and reshape commerce and society at large
- Self-Mastery: Mindful conduct and always on learning are critical components of personal and collective growth
- Collaboration: Expertise is key, but sharing knowledge and building together with joy is the foundation of truly remarkable work
- Stay lean: Our ethos is to create and share value equitably, with minimal value extraction.