Qualifications Bachelors Degree
A successful and growing global developer and publisher of mobile products, Animoca Brands, with offices in Hong Kong, Canada, Finland and Argentina is seeking a WEB FRONTEND ENGINEER to be based at its Hong Kong headquarters, or to work remotely.
For the right candidate, the company can sponsor an Employment Visa.
You will work closely with the rest of the Engineering Team as we revolutionise the gaming experience by using Blockchain to transform our content, making it player-owned and player-driven.
Working with global brands such as Formula 1, Thomas & Friends, Beast Quest, Garfield, Astro Boy and many more – we are building games, worlds and experiences where players own the content, form the economy, and shape the stories. The next design paradigm and play experience is just waiting to be discovered.
We’re looking to connect with people who share this excitement. People who believe in Blockchain technology and are looking forward to bringing this new, evolving platform to tomorrow’s players.
Role / Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain Web front-end applications closely following guidelines elaborated by artists and designers e.g. catalogues, marketplaces and browser-based games
- Integrate connectivity to different external APIs such as in-house back-ends, analytics tools and blockchain nodes endpoints
- Build reusable features which directly interact with smart contracts deployed on blockchains, such as fungible and non-fungible tokens
- Work on projects which are both, public-facing or used for internal teams needs
- Keep up to date with the very fast-evolving frontend framework trends.
- Provide insight and valid suggestions to improve UX and UI.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related disciplines
- Extensive experience with CSS and, able to implement UI following a strict design guideline
- Experience developing HTML5 websites with React
- Unit-Testing and Continuous Integration processes experience
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure services (e.g. AWS, GCP, etc)
- In-depth understanding of Web technologies, including browsers and SEOs
- Experience using Git and collaborative tools
- Strong verbal and written communication in English
- Able to demonstrate being highly analytical, with problem-solving skills.