If you haven’t heard of Wirex, then you’ll now know why we’re recruiting – we’re a fintech secret on the cusp of becoming famous! With a genuinely differentiated product, we’re connecting crypto, currencies and convenience for users around the world – all wrapped in an app and armed with a VISA or Mastercard card that can be used to pay for the tube, swap currencies (digital and fiat), or buy ‘that’ new thing you saw last time you visited the local shopping mall.
Our consumers are many, and everywhere – but we’re looking to build and scale our brand. With 3 product offerings (APAC, NA and Europe) we’re a 24-7 diverse collection of people, from hardcore crypto geeks to people that are just passionate about being in fintech and working on a new way of making payments faster and simpler. What matters is your deep knowledge of how to meet needs and engage different users with intuitive and enjoyable product design.
We’re looking for a lead product designer to join us – if you love working with a genuinely international team, you’ll love Wirex – our marketing team is based in London and Singapore, our product & tech teams in Ukraine and our partners are everywhere! Organised, great communicators who can switch from 1 project to the next in the same day will be prioritised.
There is no ‘normal’ day in a hyper-growth scaleup like Wirex. We’re looking for a future leader – someone who is proactive and keen to involve themselves in the product roadmap and strategy, but they must be able to work operationally too. Wirexers get their hands dirty! We are lean and everyone gets involved in operational details. :
- ~25% Product Strategy – working with the CEO, CMO and CTO to ensure we have a ‘premier league’ fintech product that is benchmarked positively against our key competitors within the fintech space, testing and evaluating the latest trends to perfect our proposition.
- ~40% Create, design, and execute prototypes through the finished product for web and mobile apps.
- ~20% Project management – working with managers across the teach and marketing teams to deliver a range of projects based on our roadmap and our marketing campaigns
- ~15% Team management – managing work flow and supporting a small enthusiastic team reporting into you, based in Kiev.
What you need
- 3-4 years of professional experience within product design, ideally in a tech-focused B2C industry.
- 1+ year on a Team Lead position.
- Worked with digital imaging and illustration with Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Principle, Flinto, Figma, Abstract.
- Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design theory and practice.
- Superior knowledge of current web design trends and techniques.
- Portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience in creating product design solutions!
- Creativity in problem-solving.
- Great communication skills.
- Advanced English — both spoken and written or upper intermediate level at least.
- 25 days Holiday
- Health cover
- Flexible office hours
- Work on an incredible innovative product
- Opportunity to grow your career and professional development at an innovative FinTech company
- Central Location
- Work in a friendly and creative environment
- Regular team gatherings and social events